Thread: Savage 219 Side Scope Mount

Target71

Savage 219 Side Scope Mount

Hi all
    looking at buying a 25-20 219 Savage that I came across the other day, and notice that it has offset holes inthe barrel for a scope mount. I have searched the various manufacturers, but their suggested 219 Savage Mounts dont quite look right.
    Can anyone let me know if there is a current model off the shelf side mount available for the factory offset screws? Of what scope mount I have to look for second hand. Would really like photos of how these mounts attach also

Will be putting a few test rounds through the rifle next week,and if it shoots it will be coming home wiht me
    Thanks
    Adrian

Sounds like it was drilled for a Weaver T1 side mount, factory most likely didn't do that, they weren't offered with it.
    Savage- "never say never".

Target71
    Thanks Mate, I think it might have been the old N2 Weaver mount though from what I can see, I doubt this rifle has been used much in the past 50 years going on its condition.
    Am wondering what the new #2 side mount will be like, and if it will actually put the scope over the top of the bore? The holes are about 60 degrees around the barrel, not on the side. Would love to see any photos if anyone has put a newer #2 Weaver Mount and 1" rings on a 219

Thanks
    Adrian

4 holes, N mount, 2 holes, T mount.
    Savage- "never say never".

44 Man
    My 219 30-30 has regular mounts on the barrel but is also drilled and tapped for a 'side mount' The two holes are at about 10:30 on the barrel and are only 2 3/8" apart. I'd like to find the correct mount for them, the two barrel mounts are so far apart that I can only use a 'full size' scope and not all of those. I'm thinking if I could find the side mount I could put a more 'compact' scope on this little gun. The stock has been shortened to 13 1/2" pull and barrel to 20". Not stock by any means, but a real pleasure to handle in close cover. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. 44 Man