Thread: 99E problems

whomeno

99E problems

l bought the 99e in 97 and never had any problems with it till now, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix this. I use nothing but reloads
    what is going on is there are times when I chamber a round that it does not fire the firing pin.when trigger is pulled there is nothing there, when I try to eject the round it is hard to do. If I put the same round back in and close the lever hard then it fires fine. this might happen 1 or 2 times out of 15. and some times even less.if I do it with out a round in it fires fine every time. I am hoping to get this fixed. it has been a shooter. thanks for any help in advance.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whomeno View Post
    l bought the 99e in 97 and never had any problems with it till now, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix this. I use nothing but reloads
    what is going on is there are times when I chamber a round that it does not fire the firing pin.when trigger is pulled there is nothing there, when I try to eject the round it is hard to do. If I put the same round back in and close the lever hard then it fires fine. this might happen 1 or 2 times out of 15. and some times even less.if I do it with out a round in it fires fine every time. I am hoping to get this fixed. it has been a shooter. thanks for any help in advance.
    Im thinking that the first time the round is not chambering all the way, ie not in battery.

Do the cases chamber ok prior to loading, but after sizing. I suspect you have not checked. That is where Id start. Could be caused by the shoulder not being pushed back quite enough, OR the Neck being stretched by inadequate inside neck lube so that when the sizing ball comes out of the case the neck is stretched.

Check cases in the gun before loading or get a Wilson case gage and check em in that before loading. I use em for all calibers.

whomeno
    yes I have checked all that plus checked to see if seating depth was right it all has paned out.any other suggestions?

Oscarflytyer
    My first thought is the case sizing on the reload, and/or headspace. Also, what about the case neck length? Trimming your cases?

I would suggest getting a box of factory and see what happens. IF they work fine, then it is most likely something with your reloads. Sizing, neck too long, bullet seated too long for chamber, etc. But if you are shooting nothing but reloads, I would look there first, and also, have you changed any component of your reload?