Thread: Another 110 Trigger Question

Biobow

Another 110 Trigger Question

I have a 110FP (Pre-AccuTrigger) with a Sharp Shooter Competition Trigger.
    I want to start hunting with it but I am not comfortable with the low trigger pull which is 3/4lbs to 1 1/2lbs.
    I am looking for a trigger for hunting with at least 3lbs pull. Any recommendations?
    I am thinking about taking it moose hunting in Alaska.
    Thanks

Basic Member
    You can always put an original factory trigger back on it with a lighter spring. It will not be as crisp as the SSS but it makes for a decent 3lb pull. Or a Rifle Basix Sav-1, which is basically a refined, crisp version of the original. Kind of a shame to waste the SSS, though. I bet if you were a paid member here, you could sell it in the classifieds and get most of your money back.

Biobow
    foxx,
    Thanks for your reply. I do not have the original factory trigger. The gunsmith who put the SSS on for me said he "lost' it. Does anyone know I can buy a original factory trigger?
    I'll look into becoming a paid member but I've been burnt once selling stuff on-line so I'm not very comfortable with selling on-line.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biobow View Post
    foxx,
    Thanks for your reply. I do not have the original factory trigger. The gunsmith who put the SSS on for me said he "lost' it. Does anyone know I can buy a original factory trigger?
    "Lost it"? It should have been returned with the rifle. Retuning parts was always our SOP unless the customer didn't want them.

You can get a take off "Three Screw" trigger from Sharpshooter IIRC for about ten bucks. The other option, bite the bullet and buy a RB SAV-1 or a Timney.

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Basic Member
    Well, I really have to encourage you to pay $15 for a paid membership and then you could post a want to buy ad. They go for about $10, The problem is finding one outside of here. I have a bunch of them. The membership is really worth every penny. You'll have access to a ton of technical articles about replacing and adjusting triggers, stocks, actions, nearly everything you could ever want/need to know about Savage rifles. You can also buy stuff from the classifieds. You would more than get your money back right away with this trigger deal, even if you never sell anything, you can buy and trade. Think of it as the best magazine subscription you ever had.

Biobow
    foxx,
    Thanks for your help. I'm a paid member now so where do I go from here? I like to keep things simple and the cost down as Alaska trips are not cheap.
    Thanks,

Basic Member
    or call do what Bill said. Get one from Fred at Sharp Shooter Supply. But also get a paid membership here. The premium articles alone are worth it. The beauty of Savage is you can do so much with them yourself. I am mechanically inept, but with the info available here I have had a blast building, trading and selling some great stuff I never would have been able or interested in doing before. Prime example is the money you paid the gunsmith to install the SSS trigger. You could have easily done it yourself and had fun doing it. More than that, is the pride of doing it yourself.

Something to think about.

Basic Member
    COOL! I'll send you one.

PM me.