Thread: Ok, I have finally decided to bite the bullet. Savage 110e donor rifle... (Custom)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Ok, I have finally decided to bite the bullet. Savage 110e donor rifle... (Custom)

As you can tell by my screen name I own a weatherby. My main appreciation for that rifle is the following.

Rear Comb on stock
    60 degree bolt throw
    Great Action, smooth as glass bolt.

I would like to get some of the same features in my current savage. I plan to sell my weatherby to fund this build.

I have a 30-06 110e rifle. This rifle is a shooter! I don't feel the need to swap barrels as this thing will put holes in the same spot if i do my part. I have already added an S2 trigger to this rifle and its sporting a Vortex Diamondback 3-9 scope. I also have a 6-24 Burris Signature Series Scope. Below is what I am hoping to accomplish.

Better bolt that fits snug in the action and doesn't slop around like the current one. Fluting, jeweled or whatever is an option.
    Different stock... I like the medalist stocks with the rear comb. They fit me very well. Main reason I went with my weatherby initially.
    Muzzlebrake so I can shoot this thing at the range a bit.
    Any other suggestions that members here have.

This will be my first build up. I have swapped triggers, and bedded actions before but that's about my extent of "gunsmithing"

I am thinking maybe the Boyds "Tacticool" stock? Looks like it has that cheek weld comb?

This will be a 100-500 yard hunting rig with some decent amount of bench time.

Oh, a 1 piece rail would be nice too! Any ideas if the 110e is different for the mounting system compared to the newer 110's?
    Last edited by 1983Weatherby; 05-22-2014 at 06:53 PM.