Thread: Mounting Sightron 10-50X60 Scope

allenlhouston

Mounting Sightron 10-50X60 Scope

I am building the following 308:

1. Savage Target Action RBLP
    2. Shilen Bull Barrel
    3. HS Precision Stock
    4. Sightron 10-50-X60

I was planning to use a warne Maxima 2 pc base with Burris Signature rings. It looks like I will have to get the Extra High 30 mm rings to clear the barrel. I don't like a scope to be any higher than necessary.
    I'm concerned about the torque created with this high (.580) of a ring. Do you think the ring will hold zero with this scope?
    Would I be better off going with a higher base like the EGW 1 pc with a lower set of signature rings?

I have never mounted a scope this large with a 60 mm objective.

Senderofan

Re: Mounting Sightron 10-50X60 Scope

My 10-50X by 60mm is mounted on my Remington 700. I have a NightForce one piece 20 m.o.a base....it's slightly thinner than the Farrell. I went with NightForce rings...1.125" high ( which is the measurement from the top of the base to the middle of the scope tube ). With my heavy palma barrel...I could have easily gone with the next size down..1.0" rings.

I think I'm in the same camp as you....as far as trying to keep the ring height as low as possible to help preserve rigidity. Thus...the added height of the one piece base really helps. This is just IMHO....no expertise...but it seems to be working for me.

Good Luck...Enjoy that new target scope...I'm going to try mine out this weekend ( Fingers crossed .)

Wayne