Thread: Model 10FP versus model 10FCP

pepperbelly

Model 10FP versus model 10FCP

What is the difference between the model 10FP and FCP?
    I read about both on the forums but haven't been able to figure this out.

Jim

dnuke146

Re: Model 10FP versus model 10FCP

Internal Box Magazine and Non Accustock Syn. Stock... 98% certain... Action and Barrel are the same... 99.9% certain :)

pepperbelly

So the FCP is the designation for the DBM with the better stocks?
    I just bought a model 10, I guess FCP. It has a DBM and a Choate stock.

jim

82boy

The FP is the base model, it has a Savage synthetic stock, No accu-stock no detachable magazine. The FCP give you an option of a better stock, from either McMillan, HS precision, and one time choate. The FCP k is an accu stock with a break. All of them have a detachable magazine. (I don't believe this was true before 2006) Ultimately they are all the same gun, just a stock difference. The accu-stock guns, use a different bolt release, recoil lug, and barrel nut.

Tch2fly

Quote Originally Posted by 82boy
    The FP is the base model, it has a Savage synthetic stock, No accu-stock no detachable magazine. The FCP give you an option of a better stock, from either McMillan, HS precision, and one time choate. The FCP k is an accu stock with a break. All of them have a detachable magazine. (I don't believe this was true before 2006) Ultimately they are all the same gun, just a stock difference. The accu-stock guns, use a different bolt release, recoil lug, and barrel nut.
    You contradict yourself ??? see red text.

Regardless of the Series "10" "11" "12", the "C" in the model indicates "Clip (detachable Box Magazine)" so the "FP" has an internal magazine and the "FCP" and "FCP-K" have a DBM.

82boy

Quote Originally Posted by Tch2fly
    Quote Originally Posted by 82boy
    You contradict yourself ??? see red text.

Regardless of the Series "10" "11" "12", the "C" in the model indicates "Clip (detachable Box Magazine)" so the "FP" has an internal magazine and the "FCP" and "FCP-K" have a DBM.
    No, I did not, you are taking what I said out of context. When I stated "all of them have detachable magazine's" this refered to the 10 FCP K, this was the sentence following the description of the 10FCP. When describing the 10fp I stated it "doesn't have a detachable magazine."