Thread: My rifle

Basic Member

My rifle

It's a 223 Axis in a Boyd's at-one stock. Glass is a Vortex Viper 6-25X50 mil-dot. Trigger's been modified w/ new spring and stop screw. All the other components (bipod, rings, rail) are cheapie UTG stuff. Shoots .75MOA with Federal 69GN Sierra Match. I've gotten .76MOA with my handloads, but those were with 55GN VMAX in full-sized cases. Next time out I'll be working up a load using that same 69GN Sierra & neck-sized cases, looking forward to the results.

I'm reading through the long-range shooting handbook now and trying to learn the fundamentals. Once I feel like I've done as much as I can with 223 the plan is to re-barrel to 6.5 creed and get some better glass.

Sounds like your rifle has lots of potential. Handsome too. Don't eliminate full length sizing when you are doing hand loads. You may find that you prefer it over neck sizing. Thanks for posting a picture of your rifle.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Nice looking setup. The best advice I can give you is to shoot a lot to hone your skills and try different bullets and loads to find out what it likes. Let us know how it shoots.

Basic Member
    Shoot frequently. Always takes me a few shots to get back into the groove after taking time away from shooting.

Shoot the 77gn smk in a match federal load or Black hills. Before you really decide on working a range load. You can pound at 750yds pretty easy if the wind is blowing.

Good looking rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk