I've had this action hanging around from a mod 11 Trophy Hunter I picked up about a year ago intending to build a 6.8 SPC. Since that time I've moved from South Carolina to central Texas and my needs have changed. My main need switched from a lightweight, relatively short range rifle to use from a climbing tree stand to a rifle that can comfortably reach out to 4 - 500 yards across an open grain field. The 6.8 has certainly taken plenty of game in that range, but I'd be more comfortable with something with a bit more legs.

So when I saw this barrel already threaded for a suppressor I jumped for it since I also have a Silencerco Harvester in NFA jail that needs a good host for the upcoming deer season.

Stock is a Choate Tactical. It took just a little bit of dremel work to fit the plastic bottom "metal" and trigger guard from the Trophy Hunter.

The scope is a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x50 LR FFP in high Talley lightweight rings. Looks like there is probably room to have used medium height rings but the highs will keep my ear pro off the stock comb.