Two questions:

1) Can you guys recommend a barrel profile which will offer a good trade off for somebody who will use the same rifle for hunting (30-200 yds) and longer precision shooting (300-1000 yds). Obviously weight and length are the concern since I'll be carrying this rifle around while hunting (prob no more than 2 miles for each hunt). I had my eye on either the Light Palma or the Medium Varmint profile. Note, the rifle already weighs 11 lbs unloaded.

2) What is your ideal barrel length for a 30-06 precision rifle? My current barrel is a factory 22" sporter which is capable of 0.75 MOA. I plan on replacing it but I'm not sure what length. I know that a 20" works well for the .308 so does that mean that a 22" will work well for a 30-06? I will use a 20 oz. suppressor (Saker 7.62) on the end of the barrel and the rifle will mostly be used ~20% for hunting and the other 80% for precision shooting out to 1000 yards. I would love to be able to cut the length to 20" if possible. I do reload ammo so I could load whatever is needed for the barrel. If the barrel is 20" does it even make sense to load the cartridges to 30-06 pressures or should I used reduced powder loadings to bring it down to a 308 type load? Thanks.

Thanks in advance.