Thread: savage .308 folding stock

MrThorshammer

savage .308 folding stock

I'd like to know if there is a folding stock out there for the short action with 4.41" screw soacing. The hog hunter is calling my name simply due to the amount of features for the price. I can't seem to find anything that folds and costs less than the gun.

I checked with choate and their short action 4.41" spacing folder "sold out and we have no intention of making more due to low demand". Wtf.

If there aren't any stocks out there, how would a guy get a .308 in either long action or the previous model short screw spacing?

Basic Member
    putting 308 in a LA is pretty easy. Just need the correct Bolt Head (.473) and to correctly head space the 308 barrel on the LA. You may have to do some tuning to the Magazine if using a DBM, but a 30-06 Magazine should get you pretty close. A lot of guys use a LA for SA chambers in order to load longer bullets. But it's not to technical of a thing.

MrThorshammer
    That is now the plan. However, I hate that lately the setups that I have wanted in firearms have been unavailable. Its maddening to me that this awesome stockmaker had decided not to make a desirable product for the newest production screw spacing on a popular maker's (savage) popular caliber (.308). Due to low demand of course. F that. I'll just have to buy the 30-06 and practice my gunsmithing. And spend about $250 extra not including tools.

MADDENING!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by MrThorshammer; 05-15-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Basic Member
    Unfortunately, this is a game you have to pay to play!

Basic Member
    you go back and forth between sa and la so i'm not really sure which you want but there's one listed on another site, I will pm you the details:

Bruce