Thread: Model 10, versus Model 12

7stw

Model 10, versus Model 12

Pardon me for being naive, or I guess ignorant in this situation, but what is the difference in a model 10 versus a model 12, or 14, etc. Are there actual differences in the action, or is it a better quality with a higher model number, or what? I am new to the Savage Scene, and am Damn glad to be here. I have learned so much and am still learning and that is the fun part. I just bought another one andI can not remember being so tickeled to buy anther rifle. I don't think I was this excited when I bought my first Sendero! Thanks in advance for your replys! 7STW

Re: Model 10, versus Model 12

Check out http://www.savagearms.com. The 10 series is the package rifle, 11 Hunter Series, 12 Varmint and the 14 is the Classic series.

shepheard

I beleive the model 10 is a matte black,the 12 is SS and the 14 is blued. The law enforcement, not sure if it's the right term, is the model 10. Seems like the varmint models are the 12LRPV, BVSS or low profile. I believe the 14 is the hunter rifles.

82boy

To start Savage only has two actions a long and a short, everything else is a variation of that. All two digit guns are short actions, and three digit guns are the long action counterpart. For example a model 12bvss is a short actions as the 112bvss is the exact same gun in a long action.

The model 10 line is a confusing line, they are all short actions and that is it. The Model 10 can have a hardwood stock, an synthetic, It can have a blue finish, or a parkerized one, it can have a sporter barrel or a heavier varminter barrels, all depending on the rest of the letters or some call it alphabet soup. The law enforcement line of model 10s have FP after them model desination, they have a lighter accu-trigger, a parkerized finish, a synthetic stock. The model 10g is a hardwood stocked gun, very similar to a model 11. Now the 10 is a package rifle with a 3x9 scope.

The model 11 is the hunter series, they have sporter barrels, and either a plastic, laminate or hardwood stock. The model 12 in the varminter series, and have heavier varminter barrels with either a laminate or plastic stock, and in either blue or stainless finish. The target actions are groups in this class as well. The model 14 is the classic, it is a higher end line similar to the 11 with high polished blue, and nice hardwood stocks. The model 16 is the weather warrior line they are stainless steel versions of the model 11 with a plastic stock.

Hope fully that give you the idea.