Thread: Warm Weather shoes/boots

Basic Member

Warm Weather shoes/boots

Hello,
    I am looking for a hiking or hunting boot that is non insulated, and breaths well for 80 degree weather.
    Such as prairie dog hunting, ground hog hunting, or even bank fishing.
    I do not want a all leather work boot type, I ware those 5 out of 7 days already.
    Also, I am a working man, so a $200.00 pair is out of the question, even though yes I would love them.
    Just a comfortable, light, cool mid to high boot.
    Thanks
    Let him grow, Shoot a doe !

How about $185? I have been wearing a pair of these Lowa Zephyr Mid hiking boots for about three years and absolutely love them. http://www.rei.com/product/856453/lo...ing-boots-mens

There are quite a few good boots at REI - Lowa, Merrell, Keen, Teva, & Vasque are all quality manufacturers.

I understand how money can get tight - but if you're buying a new pair of boots every year or two - it can add up to more than a quality pair would cost.
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.

Here is the link to REI men's hiking boots: http://www.rei.com/c/mens-hiking-boo...-boots&rx=true
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.

Basic Member
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Hello to all you nice folks at NSA :)[/COLOR]

mazda3gun
    Wore the crap out of a pair of Timberland's while in the Scouts for about 3+ years, they had a few hundred miles on them before they kicked the bucket. I'm wearing a pair right now too, got em for less than $100 at Rack Room Shoes at the local mall, I think. Both pairs are all/mostly leather but waterproof, comfortable like good sneakers after a week or two, and don't make my feet sweat. They've been great so far for turkey, fishing, and the current warmer weather here in east KY!

Some of their boots are very expensive. I never buy shoes online without trying them on in a store first, size 12 seems to be stupidly commonly sold out most places and I have to have them ordered. Got lucky with the current pair.
    Good luck Sir!

Basic Member
    Well,
    I went to Cabelas site and read a bunch of reviews on several mid high hiking shoes.
    I bought a pair of Keen Siskiyou water proof shoes.
    The wp shoes are a bit heavier and warmer, but when I wanted to have dry feet walking in wet grass and the occasional dip when fishing.
    So far I like them.
    I wear a size 12 and these are a little more snug then my other shoes but not so much that I wanted a bigger pair, this was stated in the reviews of others.
    The soles are a little hard when on concrete or pavement, but are not noticeable when on dirt, sod, sand, mud ect, this too was in the reviews of others.
    I wore them for 6 hours fishing in 84 degree heat with 70 % humidity and my feet were warm, but not hot and they were dry when I took them off.
    I would say I am happy with my purchase, and next year I may have to get a non water proof pair for those dry outings.
    Thanks to all replys
    Let him grow, Shoot a doe !

Frank V
    Here is an idea, try an Army surplus store, I've seen some military boots there that weren't all that expensive.
    I got a pair at a "military standdown" that are actual military issue boots, they are nylon with a great rubber sole. I wear them in the summer & really like them.
    Good luck

I like new surplus desert/jungle boots. They are light and let your feet breath
    [COLOR=#0000cd][B]Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian
    [/B][/COLOR]

When you get ready for a dry weather pair, You may want to try a pair of the Danner kinetic hot weather boots. Very light and comfortable. With breather vents. Last pair I got from US Patriot was $77 shipped to the house.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    If they have your size this is a killer deal. Bought a pair for myself and my son.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/co-bates...-usmc-rat.html
    NRA Life Member

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymaster View Post
    Hello,
    I am looking for a hiking or hunting boot that is non insulated, and breaths well for 80 degree weather.
    Such as prairie dog hunting, ground hog hunting, or even bank fishing.
    I do not want a all leather work boot type, I ware those 5 out of 7 days already.
    Also, I am a working man, so a $200.00 pair is out of the question, even though yes I would love them.
    Just a comfortable, light, cool mid to high boot.
    Thanks
    Ha! Prarrie dogs huh? Our archery deer season starts in 6 days. It was 103 today, supposed to be just as hot then. I WISH it was 80, I'd wear my cold weather boots :).

mazda3gun
    deer season in July?! There IS something wrong with Kalifornia after all!.....kidding

Glad that Monkey found some solid footwear though!

LanceS4803
    I use Danner Pronghorns for early season hunting.
    They reviewed well, fit my feet and exactly what I needed.