I had bought a 24V .222 Rem/20-gauge back in 2004 and really enjoyed it, but for some reason or another I decided to sell it in 2009. I've always kind of regretted it as it was a really nice looking rifle and the 222/20ga combo made it an ideal firearm for coyote hunting. So today while perusing the tables at the local gun show I just happened across another early production one that was in nice shape and was priced within reason. I often see nice examples of this combination selling for upwards of $650 on GunBroker so I was happy to see $550 on the price tag.

Condition wise it's in very nice shape. The plastic butt plate needs replaced due to a chunk missing at the toe, but there's no damage to the wood. The buttstock has a few bigger scratches, but nothing to deep or serious. The forearm looks almost mint other than a few almost unnoticeable freckles in the finish on the left side. Someone put a clamp-on slling swivel on the shotgun barrel, but fortunately it's aluminum and thanks to their coating it with anti-seize there's nary a scratch on the original bluing after removing it. It also came with a Weaver rail mounted and I will probably remove that as well as to me these just don't look right with a scope on them.

S/N is 13148
The 222 barrel has what appears to be a 30V or 50V stamp on it (left side), and the 20ga barrel has a 14V stamp on it (right side)
Should be of 1968 vintage.

Pics: