Thread: How often do Strikers come up for sale?

Deserthunter

How often do Strikers come up for sale?

One reason I ask, I think it is a great platform, I'm left-handed and these would be a ball.... Has Savage given any thought to opening up the line again? My Son took one a few years ago a built a nice youth rifle for his son, he has since sold it, of course selling it, without mentioning it.... not funny.... I built a model 12 in 6.5x47L and I saw a barrel for it a few days ago on e-bay, I'd like a second and was just wondering....

Strikers come up from time to time. I just picked one up about a week ago. There are always some on gunbroker, but not always the best prices. I have seen 4 that I can recall come across the classifieds here in the last 2-3 years.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserthunter View Post
    One reason I ask, I think it is a great platform, I'm left-handed and these would be a ball.... Has Savage given any thought to opening up the line again? My Son took one a few years ago a built a nice youth rifle for his son, he has since sold it, of course selling it, without mentioning it.... not funny.... I built a model 12 in 6.5x47L and I saw a barrel for it a few days ago on e-bay, I'd like a second and was just wondering....
    What did he use for a stock. I built a real sweet rifle on a striker action but had to do a total inlet on the stock.
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can do math and those who can't

Basic Member
    They seem to come in waves. I bought two in 1 month about a year ago; one here and one on gun broker. If you find one for the right price, just buy it! If you hesitate, somebody will buy it before you come back.