Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Illusive 22LR/Short/Mag/WMR, and others

bremereric

I just got some of this subsonic rounds for $39.00/500. I have a Yankee Hill suppressor and five guns that it can screw on to.

emtrescue6
    Natcheze has 40g CCI 22lr IN STOCK!

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...58&src=tpSlrHm

mazda3gun
    EMT, those didn't last long...lol!

They gone now! But, I sometimes don't login over the weekend. That's my own fault.

BTW, haven't been by Wally's or any LGS's for several weeks. So, no real update yet. My reasoning is that it's been so crappy, there's not much motivation to go and waste my time and raise my BP until I get some hard evidence they have something in stock and a good price. That goes for all calibers, not just 22...

n4ue
    I was at my favorite (no so local) gun shop on Friday. I was there to purchase a new 'heavy bbl Axis'. I asked the owner about .22lr and he had a bunch of bricks in the back room 'saved' for someone.
    What surprised me was the $.... $20/500 round of American Eagle....... He did have a ton of primers and some powder I haven't seen in a while.....

ron

mazda3gun
    Twenty skins for 500 rounds?! That's a pipe dream these days! LOL!

No offense toward the owner, but, it's too bad he's one of those punks that saves ammo for people like that. I believe there's a new circle in hell being reserved for these types(the hoarders, gougers, scalpers, and 'my buddy bought it all already' folks). I would've spoke up and said, "I'm here, right now, in front of you with cash in hand. What makes your buddy any more important than me right now? I don't want it all, just a brick or two."

On another note, .40 ammo is becoming more available for me which is great, my Ruger is HUNGRY! And .30-06 ammo is there too, but spendy for the good stuff.

mazda3gun
    A guy here at work has Thunderbolts for $40 a brick. Tempting, but I'll pass. I like my lands to be lead free!

emtrescue6
    That's called private industry...he owns the business and can operate it the way he wants...I actually have no issue with this, I do business with a couple of businesses that treat me very well and would do the same for me because I am a high volume client. It's really no different than the airline frequent flier rewards systems. I actually appreciate a business that treats their loyal customers with loyalty in return.

emtrescue6
    Natcheze has 223 and 556 for $319/1000 while it lasts

mazda3gun
    Quote Originally Posted by emtrescue6 View Post
    Natcheze has 223 and 556 for $319/1000 while it lasts
    That's a really good deal! If I only shot those calibers lol...

n4ue
    Hi. Getting back to my lgs, I don't need the ammo now and neither does my boss, who own my private range. We just tell him to get us one or two of the bulk packs.

On this same subject. I went to a nearby Gander Mtn store Sunday. I asked the clerk my 'usual' question:

"Hi. I don't need any .22 lr, but are the folks still begging for it?"

He just rolled his eyes and said:

"The demand has NOT slowed one bit."

I picked up another plastic gun case and while looking around, I was overcome by all the ammo they had!
    Not cheap. Lake City .223 was $599/K. But there was a LOT of it...

One other thing struck me....

NO powder, NO primers, and one lonely box of 30 cal bullets.... Lots of empty shelves in the reloading area......

ron

mazda3gun
    Anyone seeing the price decrease in their neck of the woods??? Things have settled slightly and most places are dropping prices a few bucks. Locally in KY, that is.

Still no major sign of truck loads of 22 though...

This bubble will burst eventually and the market will flood with supply in time! A tick can only get so fat before it quits sucking and falls off or POPS!

emtrescue6
    No end in sight for 22 anywhere....I have seen some good deals online (I don't really buy ammo in stores, online always beats them)....Natcheze had 223 for $318/1000...it lasted a day...and I did manage to pick up some more 9mm for $12/50 which allowed me to get back to my normal 9mm stockpile. I have piles of 9mm brass, but still haven't forced myself to reload much of it...LOL

Basic Member
    I don't see 22lr ever getting back to normal for two reasons. 1 with a lead ban looming people will just horde more. 2 with so many ar platforms available that run more than 25 round magazines we are going through bricks of ammo not just boxes of 50 or 100. I run an ar 15-22 and I can't load it fast enough. Every one I shoot with runs 30 round mags and they shoot more than me. When I was a kid one or two boxes of 50 and I was in heaven. I picked up a ar15 the other day (556/223) and that will be my plinker plus I can shoot it a long way.

emtrescue6
    Quote Originally Posted by chukarmandoo View Post
    I don't see 22lr ever getting back to normal for two reasons. 1 with a lead ban looming people will just horde more. 2 with so many ar platforms available that run more than 25 round magazines we are going through bricks of ammo not just boxes of 50 or 100. I run an ar 15-22 and I can't load it fast enough. Every one I shoot with runs 30 round mags and they shoot more than me. When I was a kid one or two boxes of 50 and I was in heaven. I picked up a ar15 the other day (556/223) and that will be my plinker plus I can shoot it a long way.
    Yeah once upon a time I was gonna get a 15-22 upper for my daughter...I am glad I didn't, as at least I can reload 223/556...and my daughter handles her AR just fine after all, so no need...

mazda3gun
    Well, this weekend, the local Dick's had Thunderbolts @ $24.99/500rnds. And they were STOCKED with it! Appeared as if there were one or two pallets that got delivered. I chose not to buy any since I'm going for quality over quantity when available.
    Watch the online sites for it folks, I'm sure the resellers will be trying to flip it instead of getting a job...

bremereric
    I would have just bought some to shoot.

mazda3gun
    Quote Originally Posted by bremereric View Post
    I would have just bought some to shoot.
    Yea....I caved and bought a box, just have to clean every time I shoot several from the ol 64.

These look brand spankin NEW though! Like they're fresh of the line to the store, maybe Remy has developed a better Thunderbolt and they won't lead up too bad. We'll see soon enough.
    On the other hand, they had Win M22 2000rnd in ammo cans for $129.99. Apparently they sold out earlier in the day, and I didn't have the funds to afford them immediately.

The associate also told me he is starting to see a slight rebound in the ammo market, it's slow he says, but making a recovery. In fact, I asked about .40 ammo and prices. They were priced right, but not in my grain. On the shelf above though, they had 44mag! And boy was he surprised, as was I.

emtrescue6
    Already out of stock...LOL

mazda3gun
    I told ya to hurry! lol
    I checked back just before noon EST, and it had already sold out! I figured it wouldn't last long there at that price, but MAN that was quick.

BTW, Palmetto has the same ammo, but it's twice the price and you still have to pay shipping

mazda3gun
    Went to the gunshow this past weekend. Obviously those guys still think it's 'acceptable' to ask for arms and legs in exchange for 22 ammo...
    And some guns were marked up high, some not so much. There was one fella in particular that did have some 'off-the-wall' calibers that made me think of you guys in the Wildcat Section.
    It was an informative experience to say the least. But, I didn't get anything more than an ammo can.

bremereric
    I got 500 rounds of 22 Match grade for $21.00 this weekend.

emtrescue6
    It's funny how quickly we exaggerate the past....on another discussion board I am on a guy swears the non-sale price for 22 "pre-scare" was $9.98/500.....I don't recall it being the cheap in many years, am I that far off? I remember 6 cents a round pre-scare was pretty normal, no? what do you all remember? I have 2 boxes of (500) Thunderbolts I bought right before the scare an they were $15.99 I thought....anyway, anyone remember better than me? LOL

In 1997 I was getting 500 rounds of CCI standard for $6.00 a brick. Before the run it was $37.00. Quite an increase over 10 - 11 years. Now I don't know I can't find any.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

mazda3gun
    I can CLEARLY remember paying a quarter for 5 rounds of 22 at Boy Scout summer camps from 2004 and later, while shooting for Rifleman's Merit Badge and sometimes just going to the range to shoot for fun.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast