Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Illusive 22LR/Short/Mag/WMR, and others

mazda3gun

Quote Originally Posted by emtrescue6 View Post
    LOL...there's a reason I don't own an 06...hahahah I've got 1000 .40 cases prepped and ready to hit the Dillon...a few hours in the reloading room and we're set! I too prefer to run my bigger guns....my wife and daughter on the other hand can go through 300-800 rounds of 22 over a long weekend....I stocked up several years ago, so have been good on 22 and 17HMR (although it really hasn't been all that hard to find)...and I've been able to find a little 22 here and there to keep me topped off....
    If only I reloaded...

The 22 is here, just not the price. That junk's lost somewhere in time! LOL!

mazda3gun
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
    I was able to grab four 500ct bricks of CCI SV last night thanks to a link a guy posted on SnipersHide; price shipped to my door was $0.11/rd which is pretty much what the stuff costs locally (if its available).

I've had a 5000ct case of CCI Mini-Mags on backorder at Midway for about 6 months now, maybe I'll see it before the end of 2014.
    I've been watching Midway myself. They're 'supposed' to be getting CCI Mini Mag 'soon'. It's had this title for over a month now. Says that the date is overdue and coming soon, how soon is soon to them?! A month? A quarter? An Earth's lifetime?

Oh well, I'll just keep banging gongs with the 40 and breakin clays with the 350

bremereric
    Midway sent me a e-mail notification the other day for a 300 round can of 22LR for 20.00.

bremereric
    I found lots of the 22lr today at my local Carter's Country. I bought 325 rounds of Federal automatch for 22 dollars. They had 30 bricks of 500 rounds of Remington yellow jackets for 52 dollars. They do limit you to one a day per person.
    I also picked up some Winchester 17hmr ammo fo 15 dollars. No limit on the 17hmr.

emtrescue6
    Quote Originally Posted by bremereric View Post
    I found lots of the 22lr today at my local Carter's Country. I bought 325 rounds of Federal automatch for 22 dollars. They had 30 bricks of 500 rounds of Remington yellow jackets for 52 dollars. They do limit you to one a day per person.
    I also picked up some Winchester 17hmr ammo fo 15 dollars. No limit on the 17hmr.
    $15 for 17HMR is depressing ...

bremereric
    Quote Originally Posted by emtrescue6 View Post
    $15 for 17HMR is depressing ...
    Is it a bad price or is it depressing that you can't get it for that?

mazda3gun
    Well, I saw on Midway that they had 2 different types of Aguila 'HV' ammo, LRN and Plated RN. $37-$40 per 500 rounds. It was 'In Stock' for the better part of the day, didn't check back after I got off work though. And today, it's all gone!

Brother, it was gone in 40 minutes a few days ago! I had a stock watch on it for a while, and I had gotten the email less than an hour before I checked it. By the time I clicked, it was gone.

I did get some yesterday though!

EDIT: Thought you were talking about the SuperExtra subsonic stuff, which I got. It is still available as of 4PM EDT.
    Last edited by DrThunder88; 05-22-2014 at 04:03 PM.

mazda3gun
    I don't have any use for subsonic lol, but thanks man!

Yeah, I see they do have the $40 500 round stuff still. For some reason, it wasn't showing up when I updated to "In Stock" only. It's there in the main list, just not the "In Stock" list...silly web engineers!

EDIT: Never mind, all that's left IS subsonic now...

Forget it, it's still too expensive after shipping. I'll just wait til the idiotic panic tones down a tad!

n4ue
    I was quite surprised to see that the local Southern States store had received a bunch of ammo in all calibers in the last 2 weeks. No .22 though.
    I asked the owner of one of the lgs about .22 and he said the SAME characters are still hoarding it for resale at flea markets, etc......

ron

emtrescue6
    I have a hard time believing that all the hoarders are still getting it all...I have e-mail alerts set up for Midway and Natcheze and rarely see them even get any to hoard....I dunno. I haven't seen any 22 on the local shelves in ages.... I had about 22k of 22 LR when this mess started and my wife and daughter shoot most of it...I am down a fair amount of that stockpile and have my wife shooting her 9mm and 40 now instead of her P22 and my daughter on an AR shooting 223 instead of her 22 rifle mostly to stretch out the supply....

mazda3gun
    It's not on the shelves because it's being bought up before you can.

I'm surprised Southern States carries ammo, I've never looked there locally though. Worth a shot I guess. When the LGS's local get it in, it's high priced too.

The people behind the counter at WM here, tell me specifically, that the same bunch of people are there every time ammo comes in day after day. Some of the guys even spill the beans and tell employees they buy it just to resell...
    Like I said, I'm gonna relax and only buy if/when it's available at a mostly fair price.

For some reason I thought the $40/brick at Midway was pretty reasonable, but after comparing my old receipts and adjusting for inflation, that should only be about $31/brick. Nuts to those guys!

mazda3gun
    It comes out to roughly $55 a brick after shipping and taxes. But it's subsonic, again, I don't have a use/need for it. I don't live in an area where the anti's are prevalent. :)

mazda3gun
    Quote Originally Posted by DrThunder88 View Post
    For some reason I thought the $40/brick at Midway was pretty reasonable, but after comparing my old receipts and adjusting for inflation, that should only be about $31/brick. Nuts to those guys!
    Even your best friend stabs you in the back on occasion!

n4ue
    Yep, the local SS lady told me it just came in. All the stuff they had I either reload or don't shoot. However, it was nice to see. A few months ago, they got in a bunch of .17 HMR. I bought a couple of boxes. I am NOT a hoarder. Every week or two, I would pick up another box, leaving the rest for other folks. Eventually, some one else bought the last box.
    I have a couple of buddies that have .380s. They said that caliber is SO hard to find, they have started shooting their 9mm.
    Scarcity, moving up the 'scale', I suppose.
    There was a recent article (in American Rifleman??) where the author makes the case that if you reload .223, it's cheaper to shoot than .22lr..... ha ha

ron

cranebird
    I found 22 LR ammo today at Walmart. I was totally surprised to find it in stock, they had a courtesy limit of 3 boxes per person. Now I need more 22 mag ammo...........

bremereric
    If you need 380 ammo try Freedom Munitions. They reload it.

bremereric
    I got a 525 pack of Remington Golden bullets yesterday at Carter's country for 27 dollars plus tax.

emtrescue6
    Wait for the next run on ammo and guns, likely to start sooner rather than later because of the latest incident...

mazda3gun
    A company called Freedom Munitions that I heard of on the Ruger Forum I belong to, has free shipping to first time buyers going on RIGHT NOW! I snagged some 40 reloads, 250rnds for $75 shipped during a $5 shipping promo a few weeks ago. Haven't shot them yet, but they stand behind the product and will replace/refund any defective ammo.
    They also manufacture new, never fired ammo. Just depends on what caliber, grain, and round count they have in stock.

Check em out!!!

bremereric
    Quote Originally Posted by mazda3gun View Post
    A company called Freedom Munitions that I heard of on the Ruger Forum I belong to, has free shipping to first time buyers going on RIGHT NOW! I snagged some 40 reloads, 250rnds for $75 shipped during a $5 shipping promo a few weeks ago. Haven't shot them yet, but they stand behind the product and will replace/refund any defective ammo.
    They also manufacture new, never fired ammo. Just depends on what caliber, grain, and round count they have in stock.

Check em out!!!
    They have their one and only store front in Houston on Jones Road near 290.

mazda3gun
    Cool!
    Have any experience with them?

bremereric
    Quote Originally Posted by mazda3gun View Post
    Cool!
    Have any experience with them?
    Yep all their stuff is good. I keep my brass and cash it in for ammo. $2.50 a lb.

mazda3gun
    Awesome! Takes away some concern about ordering reloads online LOL!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast