Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Illusive 22LR/Short/Mag/WMR, and others

n4ue

Was at a large chain sportings goods store in JaX, fL This AM

LOTS of different .22 LR. Also lots of .17 HMR.
    There was an a-hole who brought in his family and friends to utilize the '2 / customer rule'.......

ron

mazda3gun
    Quote Originally Posted by n4ue View Post
    Was at a large chain sportings goods store in JaX, fL This AM

LOTS of different .22 LR. Also lots of .17 HMR.
    There was an a-hole who brought in his family and friends to utilize the '2 / customer rule'.......

ron
    Without the "LOTS" part here, there's still plenty of the latter going on. It's a shame that people can't even get a job at McDonald's anymore so they sell ammo...

bremereric
    Lots of 22LR and 17 HMR yesterday at Carter's Country. Still paying a higher price but not like on line at gun brokers and such.

emtrescue6

The Illusive 22LR/Short/Mag/WMR, and others

Was at the local Cabelas today...they had a few boxes of 17HMR for $14 (2 box limit) and a few 50 round boxes Remington Hollow point 22's for $3.99 (also 2 box limit)....I passed on both...
    Last edited by emtrescue6; 07-14-2014 at 07:11 PM. Reason: guo

mickscott
    I found some 22lr at a Field and Stream store about 2 weeks ago. I got 525 rnds for 25.00. Felt likebI won the lottery. Lol.

Basic Member
    Last Thursday I went to Sportsmans at 8:50 am to see how many people were in line waiting for the store to open. Thursday is when they put their 22's out for sale. When I showed up there were about 25 people. By the time the doors opened there were at least 50. I'm one of them now and I can hardly live with myself but I did get 525 rounds for $25. Went to a lgs today and they had all kinds of 22's. Boxes of 525 for $41. Buckets of 1400 for $120. I passed but a lot of people didn't. Oh well.

mazda3gun
    I've seen plenty of 17HMR most everywhere I've been that sells ammo, usually without a limit on quantity. However, 22LR, 38, 357, occasionally 44, and 380, are still lost from the shelves. Even particular rifle rounds(30-06) are scarce. I'm trying to find what Savage suggests, Federal 168 grain Sierra Match King BTHP. I've seen it online, but I'd rather help out the local economy yet no one carries it.

n4ue
    I got a flyer from Gander yesterday. They have a Savage 22 auto on sale for around $200 with 650 rds of 'free' ammo. They also list CCI Mini-Mags (100 count) box with a limit of 5......
    Seems things are getting better...?

ron

mazda3gun
    Went to WM yesterday evening. Pretty lack luster in all ammo categories, other than shotgun ammo and most popular "hunting" rifle rounds.

texasred777
    I go back quite a ways! Be 72 next month. When I was growing up, I used a .22 a lot. I bought boxes of 50 short for about 25 cents, longs for 35 cents, and long rifles for either 40 or 45 cents. This was back in the mid 1950s at little independently owned 'drive in' called Bennett's 7-11. Those were the good ol' days? Maybe. lol

mazda3gun
    I'm only 27, but I can remember buying ammo with my dad at certain gas stations outside of the city limits here. Of course, that won't happen now. I'd buy 50-100 rounds of 22LR and some sort of candy for less than $5.

Lately, my granddad has been telling stories of ammo prices too. He's 84-ish, I think. He now says, "Now you should understand why we always reloaded our shot shells when we shot trap and bird hunted. Right Nick?" I just nod my head and reply with, "Yes."

n4ue
    Great thread. I do think things are getting better. Finally (!!!) found some Hornady 17 HMR 15.5 gr NTX. I was one of the first guys around this neck of the woods to get a .17 HMR. I now have a bunch of rifles and several Taurus revolvers in this round....

(also the first guy to order a .17 WSM from my busy, LGS) Call me a dumb-butt or courageous, I'm just an old guy with too much disposable income (?) and a love for experimenting! ha ha

ron

mazda3gun
    You folks need to check Midway! They're advertising that they'll have ammo(22LR) on the 31st!

emtrescue6
    Cabelas in Dundee Michigan had a pile of 22LR today...Winchester 333 White box....500 rnd bricks of Blazers and a couple others....they were a hair over $.05/round...1 box over 100 rnd limit (thankfully my wife was with me )...they also had 17HMR (couple different flavors) and was the "normal" price...no limit! First time I have seen 22 in any volume in ages...

mazda3gun
    I'm thinking the ammo situation is on the upswing, for the most part. But at the same time, I'm hearing from all over the country that there's still a 'shortage'.

I really think it's more of a regional thing now, than a nation-wide epidemic.
    Scratch the Midway plug, 2nd post previous. They changed their website and it just says "Coming Soon", they even changed the quantity of ammo and took away a completely different ammo that was going to be "In Stock" today

mazda3gun
    http://gunssavelives.net/blog/an-ope...s-and-seekers/
    This made me laugh, and also ashamed of the general public...

emtrescue6

The Illusive 22LR/Short/Mag/WMR, and others

Stopped at Cabela's in Dundee, MI again on Wednesday....and they still had a variety of 333-500 rnd boxes...Blazers, Winchester and a few others....1 brick limit
    Last edited by emtrescue6; 07-31-2014 at 07:41 PM. Reason: p

WyoDutch
    Wait until people learn that since 2009, .22's are loaded with powder having a ten-year life.

Well, it's a good rumor anyway.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234