Thread: Factory DBM Parts

campdude

Factory DBM Parts

What factory parts would I have to order to convert my 308 Hog hunter to DBM and where do I order them ?

Thanks

Basic Member
    I can PM you the serial number of a .308 that had the dbm and bottom metal on it when made.

You can call Savage Customer Support to order, give them the SN, they can look it up for you.

Basic Member
    Then you'll need a stock that accepts DBM. Boyds makes decent, inexpensive laminates. Look for Savage 10, top bolt release, detachable mag, varmint barrel.

If stock for varmint barrel not avail, get one for a factory sporter and then open it up with sandpaper and dowel, then seal with Birchwood Casey Stock Sealer or similar.

campdude
    Thanks foxx that would be great
    So the part numbers for a 10 and the HH 11 will be the same ?
    I was looking at Boyds Classic or Prairie hunter and I take it they will need some work for the barrel.

What all parts do I need ?
    Last edited by campdude; 05-02-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Basic Member
    No, not technically. HH's are not avail with DBM. What we're doing is getting parts off the 10 that will make the HH a DBM. I used the parts of the rifle with that SN for the exact same thing, but put it into a Tacticool stock.

Quote Originally Posted by campdude View Post
    What factory parts would I have to order to convert my 308 Hog hunter to DBM and where do I order them ?

Thanks
    The short action centerfeed top bolt release steel DBM frame is Savage part number 106238.
    Use your factory blind magazine well and follower with a steel magazine floor plate (Savage part number 106245) to assemble a detachable magazine that fits in the steel top bolt release DBM.

You can order both parts directly from Savage Arms online (google 'SavageArms and the six-digit part number and it'll be the first hit).

You will also need a stock inletted for factory DBM, such as a Boyds/Choate/Manners/McMillan/etc.

campdude
    Thank you Boiler,
    This is my first time playing around with a rifle so I appreciate all the help I can get.
    Will the parts come with hardware I need or do I need extra screws?

Quote Originally Posted by Upjeeper View Post
    Thanks for posting that...I went looking for it the other day and couldn't find it.

acnewman55
    Tagging

Planning to restock my 16 Trophy Hunter with a boyds - it is already a DBM buy all plastic parts and I need to convert to metal.

Team Savage
    For the 16 Trophy Hunter you will need a SA SS metal DBM frame assembly and SS DBM metal bottom cap. The bottom cap snaps onto your current metal magazine box and follower. You will also need to order a metal SS trigger guard while your at it. Sorry, I don't have the parts numbers.

acnewman55
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdown View Post
    For the 16 Trophy Hunter you will need a SA SS metal DBM frame assembly and SS DBM metal bottom cap. The bottom cap snaps onto your current metal magazine box and follower. You will also need to order a metal SS trigger guard while your at it. Sorry, I don't have the parts numbers.
    Thanks that's helpful. I'm not sure I can use the trigger guard or not, I have the bottom bolt release that is housed at the front of the trigger guard. That would be nice though.

Mortarman0341
    Good info