Thread: Savage Axis sear

SAGE RAT DELETER

Angry Savage Axis sear

HELP

Bought a 25-06 Savage axis a couple years ago and the stock sucked so bad I tossed the whole thing in the junk drawer. Now Boyd has some nice laminated stocks and decided to do a RUM caliber and dug it out...then proceeded to

PULL a bonehead dumas and killed my Axis sear trying to get a little more throw. Dug around but couldn't come up with anywhere short of sending it to Savage or a 100 mile drive to a gunsmith, to buy one.

Anyone out there have a suggestion/solution for obtaining one???

Thanks

Team Savage
    Buy another rifle, send it back Savage, Have your GS order a new one

SAGE RAT DELETER

Thumbs Down

Hey, DrybEEEnEEE, you're a real JOKER.

Team Savage
    It was not a joke, your gun smith can order you one
    I am not the one who F it up

Basic Member
    Why would you pull a bone head stunt like building a RUM caliber on an Axis in the first place???
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

SAGE RAT DELETER
    NO...my gunsmith could NOT order the part...and you don't have a clue just what "bonehead" I did OR just WHY/WHAT the bone head was OR WHY/wWHAT I was going to do with the RUM case...

As usual most onliner's DON'T have A CLUE and assume they know everything. I've been building Savages since they first came out in 1958 and I have a rack full of various brands of rifles people said couldn't be done.

It was even a bigger bonehead to ask questions online and expect a decent response.

Drybeany...all you had to do was SAY the part was not available and why, not what I interpreted as a smart azz retort. The AXIS seems to be the problem child here...I have no trouble finding parts for 10/110 actions.

Here are the FACTS...

I wanted to see if I could get a bit more mag length by nipping off the bolt release and just nipped off too much. As this information is not available through normal channels the only way to find out is to cut and fit. I cut just a bit too much. It still worked but not quite right so I needed another sear. But I did learn just how MUCH extra length I could get...HOW MANY OF YOU EVEN THOUGHT TO DO THIS??????

How many of you even think of experimenting????? or asking questions???? NOT MANY I suspect.

Savage had the part and sent me a liability release. On receiving the signed release Savage is sending me the parts FREE. I also had a very nice and informative information gathering conversation concerning a WSM project I have in mind.

I had this same RUM BULLSH** argument on another savage forum and ran into the same mindlessness...too many people making too many assumptions over things they know absolutely NOTHING about and only know what they read online...NO EXPERIENCE THROUGH FAILURE OR EXPERIMENTATION.

Now Savage has the 338 Lapua...I bought one just as soon as they were available...I will be doing a 375 Lapua/Rigby and a 416 Rigby AND MY OWN WILDCAT 50 CAL RIGBY, and maybe a 404 Jeffery as time goes by...and a I ALSO have a 111 Savage in 338 Lapua I BUILT. I DON'T load it to Lapua pressures, I have NO problems with pressures or fear the rifle will come apart and if any of you "BRIGHT BOYS" have enough sense to understand a few basic reloading facts and bother to do some basic research before shooting off your faces, you would understand.

Ya'll need to wake up to things around you that don't fit into the commercial milieu, and stop thinking you know something.

I'm done with this forum...you don't need me and I don't need you, and when I did need some information I got zilch.

zippyhuntin
    Quote Originally Posted by SAGE RAT DELETER View Post
    Now Boyd has some nice laminated stocks and decided to do a RUM caliber and dug it out...then proceeded to
    PULL a bonehead dumas and killed my Axis sear trying to get a little more throw.
    So let me get this straight. The above quote is all the info you gave us, but drybean and sharpshooter are the ones that are out of line for their responses?

Basic Member
    LOL

Right, Zippy.

His first post is loaded with self-deprecating humor and then flies off the handle when others follow suit with advice and question of curiosity. If he had only given Fred a decent answer and not gotten so riled we all might have learned something. Who knows, they could have been buddies! (I wanted to say "besties" but my 15 yr old daughter wouldn't let me.)

and I thought I had a short fuse!

Worst part is I never got a chance to find out why he wants a watered-down 338.
    Last edited by foxx; 05-02-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Basic Member
    He's the original guy who said "Here, hold my beer and watch this......."
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

As usual most onliner's DON'T have A CLUE
    I have one.

cranebird
    Quote Originally Posted by SAGE RAT DELETER View Post
    As usual most onliner's DON'T have A CLUE and assume they know everything.
    Ok, I know this.
    Here is what you need for Ingredients:
    1/3 cup wheat flour
    2 tbsp sugar
    1 cup water
    1/2 tsp alum powder (optional preservative -- not necessary if the glue is for immediate use)

Mix flour and sugar. Gradually add water while stirring vigorously to prevent lumps.
    Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, till the paste is clear. Remove from heat and stir in the optional alum.

Spread over paper or cardboard with a paintbrush. Press and smooth paper to be glued before the paste dries.

Store in a covered glass jar. This will keep for several weeks without refrigeration.

I hope this helps.

I'm guessing your wanting to paste paper targets up ?

If you DON'T have a GLUE, use a staple gun ?
    Last edited by cranebird; 05-08-2014 at 07:09 PM. Reason: correction purposes

Whole wheat or regular flour?
    Last edited by wbm; 05-09-2014 at 04:51 PM.

cranebird
    Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
    Whole wheat or regular flour?
    I know absolutely NOTHING about it and only know what I've read online...NO EXPERIENCE THROUGH FAILURE OR EXPERIMENTATION.

Ok, I'm going to try and cypher this one out, if possible... Anyone out there have a suggestion/solution for obtaining one??? -that was question. Answer- Buy another rifle, send it back Savage, Have your GS order a new one. Option one, buy a new rifle, well yes and toss the one you put the bubba to in the bone box. Option two, send it back -- well duh! just man up and tell them your a duffus and need it fixed. Option three - let me see - the smith couldn't get one but your getting one for free... I smell something on my boot, gunsmith isn't a fool. He isn't touching this mess with any length pole. Now as for the "I'm done with this forum...you don't need me and I don't need you, and when I did need some information I got zilch." You wanted someone to sell you a part and keep quiet so it only looks like your a screw up with no actual evidence. And you are right about the not needing us or you, or I may put it this way, you jumped off one ship and thought the next one would see it your way... Hmmmmmm, I'm not sure but most boards have real gun enthusiasts on them who will tell you when your not up to par.. Ok, I'm stepping off my soap box now...

I think it's safe to say that this one has run it's course and any/all future replies will just be nonsense or border on getting the poster banned for violating a rule.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain