Thread: Axis VS Axis II

SThomas3791

Axis VS Axis II

i currently own an axis in .308 caliber, never shot that i picked up in february. i now see there is the axis ii. other than the accutrigger on the axis ii is there any other differences to make me want to trade my current axis in for the ii? i thought i read somewhere the stock is reinforced?

SThomas3791
    also, anyone have any info on a timney trigger for the axis?

Ferro1511
    I have 2 of the timney triggers. One in an axis .243 and the other in axis 30-06. I love the triggers have them
    set at a crisp 2 1/2lbs. Very easy to install and adjust. Boyds makes a few different stocks for the axis if you dont like the stock.

Basic Member
    From what I can tell they are nearly the same. The Axis II does not have a different/reinforced stock, at least I cannot find anywhere on there site where it states it is modified. It comes with the Accu-Trigger and some changes in the barrel rifling. For example, the 7mm-08 is a 1:9.5 twist in the standard Axis and 1:10 in the Axis II.

cranebird
    Quote Originally Posted by SThomas3791 View Post
    also, anyone have any info on a timney trigger for the axis?
    Midway has the Timney trigger for the axis for $104.99.They also have the Basix rifle trigger for the Axis for $99.99.If you buy the Axis II I would not think you would need another trigger system since it has the accu-trigger....

Here is a link to the Timney info in a Axis rifle.

http://www.gunblast.com/Timney-Axis.htm

Moose1968
    I just bought an Axis II in .243 and like the accutrigger. Used a buddy's axis and didn't like the pull of the non- accutrigger model. The stock is the same as the previous model but like the fact that I don't have to go out and buy a replacement trigger

Basic Member
    Side note, all the Axis II models at Buds are the XP series. Could not find one that was sold without a scope. Guess thats the new normal.

SThomas3791
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    Side note, all the Axis II models at Buds are the XP series. Could not find one that was sold without a scope. Guess thats the new normal.
    yea, the axis i purchased a few months back was an xp model. i ended up swapping out the "factory bushnell scope" for a trophy xlt. i think im going to just pick up a timney trigger and do the swap out myself since it looks very easy. i dont mind the stock at all, in fact i think it looks nice, just is lacking a paint job that i will work on here in the next month or so. just wasnt sure if the II was stiffened up a bit, thought i heard that somewhere. i have heard how some people have accuracy issues with the stock and how others havent. guess i will just have to wait and see how mine preforms. i also know a lot depends on the ammo and what your rifle likes to shoot. im going to run hornady american whitetail .308 through it and see where this puts me.

Basic Member
    So the scope upgrades on the Axis II still are not worth holding onto? Looking into getting the .223 here in about a month for a trainer rifle.
    Did you not the like Accutrigger either? But glad to hear the stock is better put together. Keep us updated with a range report!!

SThomas3791
    the axis i purchased in february was not an axis II. the II was not available yet. i used the stock scope from my axis and a couple other scopes i had lying around to trade in on the new scope i got at my local gunshop, it helped to offset the pice. right now im totally happy with the bushnell trophy xlt glass that i purchased to replace the stock glass on the xp. the new scope on the II's is a weaver kaspa, yes an upgrade (similar to a bushnell banner). the banners are decent scopes. i just bought one for my .243 my nephew will use this fall for deer season. since it came with a stock trigger (not an accutrigger) im going to upgrade that to a timney trigger. ive seen them online for $85.
    Last edited by SThomas3791; 05-09-2014 at 01:07 PM.

SThomas3791
    Quote Originally Posted by SThomas3791 View Post
    the axis i purchased in february was not an axis II. the II was not available yet. i used the stock scope from my axis and a couple other scopes i had lying around to trade in on the new scope i got at my local gunshop, it helped to offset the pice. right now im totally happy with the bushnell trophy xlt glass that i purchased to replace the stock glass on the xp. the new scope on the II's is a weaver kaspa, yes an upgrade (similar to a bushnell banner). the banners are decent scopes. i just bought one for my .243 my nephew will use this fall for deer season. since it came with a stock trigger (not an accutrigger) im going to upgrade that to a timney trigger. ive seen them online for $85.
    update
    i figured since i was swapping out the stock trigger for a timney that i would just play with the stock trigger. i just did the trigger spring replacement that everyone talks about by swapping the given spring with a spring from a pen. already i feel a major difference that feels pretty comfortable. maybe i will just stick with this mod if it shoots well at the range. we will see!