Thread: Ohio Concealed Carry

mazda3gun

Question Ohio Concealed Carry

I'm a resident and License holder in the state of KY currently, literally was issued 3/21/14, brand new and shiny! And, I'm moving to OH shortly(roughly 30 days) since I just bought a house there. There is reciprocity between states regarding the actual License.
    I'm aware that the actual license isn't technically 'transferable'. What do I need to do to legally CC in dirty Democratic OH? Do I have to start all over again? Since everything is so new and recent, can I just show them all my paperwork and pay a fee?

Appreciate the help folks.

*cough* Buckeyes suck! Go Cats!!! *cough*

Basic Member
    Well, if it was me I would contact the sheriff in the county you are moving into.

Here is a sample link to the sheriff of Franklin County that you might use for information and a sample.

Good Luck.

https://sheriff.franklincountyohio.g...rry-permit.cfm

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Rat View Post
    Well, if it was me I would contact the sheriff in the county you are moving into.]
    This..
    Stu

Basic Member
    No Buckeyes bashing after you move. so get it out of your system! Besides OSU the CAVS are all we got!

mazda3gun
    LoneWolf, at least you guys have Pro teams in a few sports! KY doesn't have a single one at the moment.

But on topic, I did call the county I'm moving to. Didn't like what they had to say about it

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mazda3gun View Post
    LoneWolf, at least you guys have Pro teams in a few sports! KY doesn't have a single one at the moment.

But on topic, I did call the county I'm moving to. Didn't like what they had to say about it
    Mazda, are you sure UK's basketball team doesn't qualify as a pro team? :) Or do they not count, "at the moment" b/c they are all entering the draft and moving on?

netfan
    Quote Originally Posted by mazda3gun View Post
    *cough* Buckeyes suck! Go Cats!!! *cough*
    Hope you get this resolved before you move... sounds like you're going to need the CC :)

mazda3gun
    foxx, only 2 players went to the NBA this year. We still have more than enough to win the tourney!

Basic Member
    They will be a force to reckon with, for sure. I'm thinking they would give the Pistons a run for their money if given a chance.

I would say it depends on what the requirements were for the KY permit and whether or not they meet the requirements for an OH permit. However, I don't know how out-of-state training would be taken by the local sheriff's office. Maybe try a neighboring county sheriff to see if they're more friendly or helpful (especially if your county is a major metro area where they're more likely to be against CHL's) as you are allowed to get it through bordering sheriff's office as well in Ohio.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

mazda3gun
    Ohio law states that a minimum of 30 days residence in county where I apply for CC, a min of 45 days in the state of OH. -that much I know about it.

As for a neighboring county, I don't think the answer would be any better or worse. It'll be Lawrence county, it's all a little 'hillbilly/redneck' down here lol. Guns are guns in my neck o the country.