My daughter is in her first year of our 4H clubs shooting program and the rifle that fit her best was a left-handed Rascal. This girl is tiny! After one of our last competitions I was being asked a bunch of question about the rifle and what we had done to it. My daughter is consistently beating kids with much better guns, and is thrilled with her little underestimated Rascal. So here we go with mods so far....

We have drilled and tapped two points on the rear sight to get it ready for competition. We drilled the peep sight and tapped it to receive Lyman/Williams apertures, and we drilled the sight arm itself and tapped it for a 8-32 set screw 1/8" long. This allows us to make very small elevation changes needed for the targets she is shooting.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image01.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	6430 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image02.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	6431

To help in the small changes needed we also made a washer to take the play out of the sight arm hinge screw and used some blue LocTite to get the right amount of resistance. This and the set screw have been so helpful.

Name:	image03.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	6432

We also did the obligatory removal of the front sight and replaced it with a Lyman 17a .404 height globe.

Name:	image04.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	6433

The inserts that come with the Lyman are...junk. Now that is my opinion, and it might not be shared with others. We found Lee Shavers inserts and following his advice stacked two inserts to create the sight picture my daughter likes. I cannot speak highly enough of these inserts. We love them!

Name:	image05.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	6434

So, how good can a little Rascal shoot? Now mind you, I cleaned up the barrel a bit and we were shooting good ammo, but it's not anything that is top secret or anything.

Target 1 from the last shoot

Name:	image06.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	6435

Target 2

Name:	image07.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	6436

Our next mod...we are working with Evolution Gun Works to make a mount that will accept the Williams Foolproof GR-TK rear sight. Prototype should be here any day now. This will allow her to make adjustments to her sight during the competitions which we are not able to do now. I'll keep y'all posted.

Hope this helps somebody out there. Andy