Just received my axis II .223 with accu-trigger last week. Already had a Boyds Classic stock to replace the plastic original. Topped it off with a Weaver mount and a cheap Barska 6-20 scope. I know Barska isn't Zeiss, but seems to work well enough. I used to use the Barska when shooting .22 stock benchrest and it worked well. Took me about 10-12 shots to get the rifle to zero (shooting off a shaky card table in the pasture without decent bags) . I could hardly keep the table steady. Once I was close to zero I shot three final rounds. Group measured .942 " at 100 yards.

I was very pleased. Seems like an excellent starting place to me. I'm pretty certain I can get that to around 1/2" with a more stable platform and a bit of practice. I didn't try to lighten the accu-trigger yet. Left it as it arrived. My brother remarked how loud the gun was. With my ear plugs I could hardly hear a thing and recoil was next to nothing. My only problem...... I'd like a single shot adapter for bench shooting. Are any of you making your own?

I was using a moderate load of Varget with Hornady 55gr SP w/cannelure. I have some 50gr Hornady I also want to try. Can't wait to get to the range!

Two thumbs up for Savage!