first off let me say this, i like this website. although i dont post much at all i do read around here and the m14 forum. if this is in the wrong section, please move it to the correct place.
my last post here, i think, was about how i want to build a rifle, etc, etc. well i have begun, and will be posting pics of my progress. yes, its going to take awhile because as you know, money doesnt grow on trees. lol

so far, i removed the stock, scope/rings/mounts, removed the mag and trigger parts. now im running into problems. the barerl nut is stuck. i tried alittle heat and it wont budge. are these left or right handed threads?

now, i have another problem. my rifle is currently a 7mm mag and i cant decide on going with a 300wm or staying with a 7mm. i know there are alot mor options for reloading 30 cal. i would like to use this rifle for long distance hunting but common sense says most of its time will be out in the desert shooting steel past 1k. how does the 7mag perform around 1500?

im going to be getting a shilen barrel and replacing the recoil lug and nut with stainless and probably going with their varmit contour 26". havnt decided on a trigger just yet but i have time.

question, is it necessary to square the receiver? im going to be lapping the lugs but if i can get away with not sending it to the local gunsmith to put on the lathe i will. should i bother?
after the receiver is complete with barrel, trigger, and a 20 moa base, its off to mc millian for a new game scout stock.
then i need to save up those va checks for some nightforce glass...$$$$