Thread: Another Boyd's tacticool thread

jon326

Another Boyd's tacticool thread

Going to order one for my 11/111 trophy hunter XP (.308), bottom bolt release. Do i absolutely need those extra three parts from savage? also, can someone tell me why I actually need them?

Basic Member
    I think it depends. If you can take yours apart right now and the plastic around the magazine and the trigger guard come off; then no you wont need the other parts. If they stay in the stock then yes you will. Look at the original thread and my posts show this. I had the stock that came apart. I have only ordered the metal trigger guard and used the plastic magazine "metal" from my original and it cycles fine.

Here are some shots of two of the different bottom metal groups, but there is the possibility for a poly stock to have the necessary bits.

OneShot
    Hello there,

I got the 11 V/T 308 with the bull barrel. I checked Boyd's site and there is no Tacticool model for Savage short action, bottom release bolt, dbm and bull barrel. The only option as far as I can see is ordering the short action, bottom release bolt, dbm with factory barrel and opening up the channel to fit the bull. Am I correct or I miss something? I was planning for a different stock but right now $300-$400-$500 for a stock is not an option so I guess Boyds Tacticool is a far better option than the factory tapperware. Also from what I have read up to now, I do not have to order a metal bottom from another model. My Plastic "metal" is OK. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Bill

Basic Member
    you are right, oneshot. no big deal though. easy to open up wiyh sand paper and dowel or deep socket. seal with birchwood casey stock sealer or similar when done.

OneShot
    Thanks foxx. Does it need pillar and/or glass bedding?

Basic Member
    I say all wood stocks need to have the action pillared and bedded. I usually use threaded lamp rod for the pillars and Devcon 10110 or JB Weld for bedding the action.