Thread: re-installing complete 110 trigger assy

Basic Member

re-installing complete 110 trigger assy

I am having trouble reinstalling the trigger assembly off a model 10 with top bolt release.

Basically, I can't get everything aligned and under the pressure of the sear/bolt release spring so as to get the pin inserted.

Is there a trick to this I am unaware of?

It has the SSS Comp trigger in it. Would it help at all if I removed that before trying to reinstall the whole unit?

Basic Member
    Yes, it helps if you remove the SSS Comp Trigger first. That allows you to wiggle the parts around and push the pin in at the same time so it goes together better.
    Last edited by foxx; 04-21-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Basic Member
    Thanks, Foxx.

:)

Basic Member
    No kidding thats the trick for the sear?

Basic Member
    I struggled for a long time with it till took off the comp trigger. It kept pushing things out of alignment. Once I removed it the basic parts went back easily. Then I put the comp trigger back in. Took about 2 mins total.

Basic Member
    I had a gun shipped to me where the guy removed the sear to meet the shipping requirements of an unshootable gun.
    I fought like heck trying to reinstall the sear but I got it. I've never dropped the trigger assembly out and didn't know what was involved there. Ill guess I need to look into that

Thanks for answering your own thread lol

Basic Member
    I am the wrong person to try and explain it, and I am sure a video would be more helpful, but I'll try...

First, just remove the trigger, pull the pin that the trigger pivots on. It will fall out and goes back just as easily.

Then, remove the rest of trigger assembly. First put the safety slide to the "ON" position...
    then push out the pin that the bolt release/sear pivots onto... may want to put it inside a baggy first so as to catch the spring that goes flying when the pin is removed.
    Then tip/rotate/wiggle as necessary to remove from tang/action.

To re-assemble you will want to see a pic of the spring positioned on the pivot pin of the bolt release/sear.

Basic Member
    Its a lot easier using a slave to align the holes in the action, trigger housing and sear with a slave. I use a pin punch.

One trick, with the rear tang of trigger housing engaged in the action you should see about 1/2 misalignment between the holes in the housing and action. It should take little effort pressing down on the housing to align the holes. If not tweak the tang a for the 1/2 misalignment.

To install the sear reset torsion spring, set it on place, push the slave through the coil then angle the pin in, square it to the slave which will compress the spring then as you push the pin in to push and follow the slave out.

Finally, check to make sure the sear moves freely it's entire length of travel and the safety detent spring is in it correct position then finally install the trigger.

Its easier done than said!

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.