Thread: SAV-2 Trigger Just Arrived

SAV-2 Trigger Just Arrived

My SAV-2 trigger just arrived! I watched the video and can't wait to get it installed!

reynoldsfamily3
    Make sure the holes line up.

Yep. I saw your post as I posted mine. I haven't tinkered with it yet. Only watched the video.

Let us know how it turns out.

All:

Ok. I experienced he exact same problem with the main sear bracket that reynoldsfamily3 did. The holes were crooked and too far forward when placed in the receiver. You couldn't tell they were crooked until you looked at them under magnification. I cleaned up the holes with a 5/64 drill bit and was able to install the trigger as intended. I did have to clean-up the bracket with a stone and de-burr the holes before proceeding.

All in all the installation was +/- ok. Not 100% drop in as they advertise.

Installing the parts goes relatively quickly. It took me some trial and error to get the trigger adjustments to an acceptable trigger pull and operation.

Two trigger pull springs are supplied. One for really light trigger pull (less than 1 lb) and one in the 1-3 lb range.

The spring for the really light trigger pulls is REALLY LIGHT. It took me several configurations of the main lever pin and trigger adjustment screws before it would not slam fire.

Pleased with the trigger assembly as it is now, but it was NOT 100% drop in.

I will let you know how it actually shoots when I get it all back together.

Update:

I called Rifle Basix and informed them that the trigger was not 100% drop in and explained what the issue was and what I had to do to fix it. He apologized profusely and said that after test firing and final assembly if it would not function properly and safely they would send out a complete new trigger with return postage to send back the defective parts.

The gentleman stated that cleaning up the alignment holes on the main bracket did not void the warranty and offered multiple times to replace the trigger if there are any problems.

I hope to shoot the rifle soon and see how she performs.

Westcliffe01
    I've had one and for the price, I found the workmanship to be shocking. Its as if the only tool in the shop is a drill press and they have never heard of a reamer for making precise holes for trigger pins. The trigger group in my Yugoslavian SKS, Galil or AK were all of better quality with better fit and finish.

Ok. I finally got the trigger all adjusted and installed back in the stock. Since this is s field gun I decided to install the stronger spring and move the leverage pin to the front position. The more I looked at the trigger, the more I realized how dirty and gritty it was so I disassembled the trigger and cleaned it up on the carding wheel.

After I cleaned it up reassembled it seems to be working properly. It is stable with no slamfire and the safety functions. I will be pleased when I can see how she shoots. The pics show the trigger assembled and the sear engagement adjustment which was part of the cause of the slamfire.

In the video they mention sanding the sear. They show one sanded and one untouched. In you picture it does not look like you did anything with the sear. I did not do any sanding on mine either because they did not go into any detail on this in the video. I just wonder how important or how much better it would make it.

It did not need polishing.

ok. I took the Green Machine (my 12 FV in 223 wearing a forest camo Boyds thumbhole) to the local indoor range to check the sav-2 trigger. All the frustration of getting it fitted disappeared when I started shooting it. The scope was close but not dead zero because I just shot to check the trigger. First 10 shots same hole at 25 yards. No trigger creep, no overtravel, just a nice clean a little less than a pound trigger pull. No slam fire, safety functioned flawless.

Very satisfied and especially happy that I do not have to worry about being distracted by the trigger safety blade on the accutrigger. Not saying the accutrigger was bad, it was distracting.

Now all I can think of is busting fat belly prairie dogs this Summer!

Basic Member
    Thanks for your thread on the trigger lscraig1968. I just posted a question on this topic,I new I should have read a bit more...Thanks .