Thread: 10 ba ring height??

Freebore

10 ba ring height??

Hi everyone, I have a 10ba that I am using the factory rail on the gun with a 30mm tube vortex 6-24x50 pst and Burris medium scope rings. I do have enough clearance to use the "low" scope rings from Burris. I like the factory rail and want to use it and I can't really return my scope rings because I destroyed and discarded the packaging. I'm ok with using it the way it is, I've been told to keep your scope as close to your barrel as possible, which makes sense to me, but isn't very close using the factory rail, but again I like it. It seems as if I might be starting to "struggle" or "try" to get my head low enough to look through the scope. I still have to get a bipod and sit at a range bench or lay prone to find out for sure, I'm financing my project slowly. I do have plenty of cheek adjustment either way if I did decide to go lower or higher. I guess I'm wondering what other 10ba users are doing and how they like it? Are you experiencing any problems being so elevated off the bore? Thanks for any input

Basic Member
    I like being elevated off the bore and my BA is a hammer. I don't know if its all the years I spent firing m16s but a properly spaced scope is weird for me. I've shot other people's guns and when I get on the gun in my natural position I'm way over the scope and have to readjust. I can do it no problem but it feels odd.