Thread: Input for rings & bases - 11VT (the dick's special)

Input for rings & bases - 11VT (the dick's special)

A friend at work who reloads & shoots avidly has recommended using Leupold dual dove tail bases & rings in a Medium Height at 1" diameter.

I've priced them through Natchez Shooter's Supply at 24.99 & 19.99. They'll be paired with a Nikon Prostaff 4-12x40 BDC optic.

I just got my Choate stock in the mail & installed it yesterday. There was some minor inletting to be done, but that's all squared away now.

Just wanted to run it by a bunch of savage guys to see if they've had success with those particular rings & bases. Hell, if you've got a Prostaff, chime in too! (although I'm pretty decided on that glass for now)

and just because everyone loves pictures, here she is.

Last edited by JungleRecon; 04-17-2014 at 01:15 PM.

I don't know how this ended up in 'vintage' but I posted it in 'Help Me Decide'. Could a moderator please move the thread?

If you can even find some Leupold dual dovetail bases you better jump on em.
    I don't think they have made em for Savages in quite a while. The dual dovetails are a very solid darn near bulletproof setup and I'm not sure why the Savage bases were discontinued.
    The last set I wound up with came as a special request through customer service at Leupold. (great experience)
    I bought a set of dual dovetail rings and standard bases and had customer service send me another front (dovetail) ring to reverse and use on the rear.
    This was on a roundback (accutrigger) action and my Bushnell Elite tube was long enough so it worked out.
    Somebody somewhere may have a set of new old stock for a flatback sitting on a shelf but they would probably be near impossible to find.
    Medium height dual dovetail rings have worked very well for me in the past with a 1" tube and 40mm objective.
    Good luck and it sounds like your buddy was steering you into a good, quality, solid and maintenance free setup.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by big honkin jeep View Post
    If you can even find some Leupold dual dovetail bases you better jump on em.
    I don't think they have made em for Savages in quite a while. The dual dovetails are a very solid darn near bulletproof setup and I'm not sure why the Savage bases were discontinued.
    The last set I wound up with came as a special request through customer service at Leupold. (great experience)
    I bought a set of dual dovetail rings and standard bases and had customer service send me another front (dovetail) ring to reverse and use on the rear.
    This was on a roundback (accutrigger) action and my Bushnell Elite tube was long enough so it worked out.
    Somebody somewhere may have a set of new old stock for a flatback sitting on a shelf but they would probably be near impossible to find.
    Medium height dual dovetail rings have worked very well for me in the past with a 1" tube and 40mm objective.
    Good luck and it sounds like your buddy was steering you into a good, quality, solid and maintenance free setup.

Rings:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/136...ProductFinding

Bases:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/430...ear-axis-matte