I started loading in 1986 but have never competed with anyone other than myself. I keep careful log books of everything I ever shoot and have tried OCW, Ladders as well as a design of experiment and of course good ole trial and error for finding good loads. This weekend I had some time so I went through my log books for a few calibers and sorted the group sizes for each bullet in a given caliber. Then I sorted on powder. In my experience bullets dictated small groups much more so than powered did. Meaning that some bullets seemed to shoot more accurately than others no matter what powder was behind them. Maybe this is something you all have tried or knew but I have not seen it discussed before.

Since powder data is also affected by charge weight it is harder to sort on it but I did not see a clear winner in a powder like I did in bullets. One other thing I noted is that both of my savages FLPCK10 (one is 308 and one in 223) both averaged below 1 moa. The 223 is closer to .56 while the 308 is more like .78 moa over all the groups I have shot with them.

I am just throwing this out there to see if anyone else has noticed this?