Thread: tacticool

Basic Member

tacticool

has anyone order the tacticool stock for the axis yet?any pictures.i may have my classic hunter stock sold to a friend and am looking at getting another one and seen the tacticool.i am starting to use my 22-250 for more of a target gun with the occasional coyote hunt and am thinking of adding a varmint barrel.is there much difference between the weight of the classic and the tacticool because i will still hunt with it but if its to heavy i wont get it.

Itsricmo
    I am very interested in the Tacticool as well! I am selling a spare Mossberg MVP stock I have on hand and buying a boyds.
    I am trying to figure out the difference between the Prairie and Classic stocks before diving on the Tacticool.

On the tacticool, I want to know if it has a wide barrel channel for bull profiles or if it is fit for the standard factory "sporter contour".
    Also, why you must hold the barrel in the center of the channel.. will the action freely move around in the inlet job they do?

Basic Member
    Here are mine. Both weigh right about 9.5lbs on my shipping scale, as shown in the pics. My Axis in a prairie hunter stock weighs 10.5 with the scope. Barrel channels come for a sporter barrel, you will have to open them up.

Here's another thread on these. http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...-Tacticool-yet

223 with 22 inch heavy Savage barrel. (added webbing finish since this pic)

243 with 20 inch heavy McGowen barrel.

Basic Member
    Elgin, what mag setup is that on the 243 and who inletted it? very nice rifles!

Bruce

Basic Member
    It's a modified Axis mag. The basic idea is a G3 mag is cut and welded to the Axis mag. There are a couple guys around here that do them, and RatMag (I believe he was the first, if not one of the earliest to make these) recently posted a thread on how to do it.

Here's the link: http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...08-Information

Basic Member
    very nice rifles elgin. think im sold on the tacticool.

Countryboy 1150
    screenshot on pc[/IMG][IMG] free image host[/IMG]

I got mine in an installed. Everything fits great. I see no problems. I love the look. 10x better than the factory stock. Now time for a set of rings and a SWFA glass
    Last edited by Countryboy 1150; 04-20-2014 at 09:50 AM. Reason: added more text

Basic Member
    love the looks of the tacticool but unfortunately Boyds cannot send the tacticool to Canada at this time.don't understand why they can ship other stocks but not one with the name tacticool.they are all just a piece of laminated wood.guess ill keep the classic for now.
    Last edited by alextm33; 04-21-2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: added text