Thread: SSS High Capacity Magazine for .308

Warthog

SSS High Capacity Magazine for .308

I just received my 9 round magazine from Sharp Shooter Supply for my 10FCP-HS center-feed. It looks like a regular magazine with a machined aluminum extension. It is very well made and seems to cycle the rounds through well. The fourth round down does rattle probably because of the slight flare of the original sheet metal where it meets the machined housing.

I saw on the Savage website a new Law Enforcement model 10 BAS & BAT in .308. These come with 10 round magazines. Will the magazines fit the 10FCP?

82boy

Re: SSS High Capacity Magazine for .308

Quote Originally Posted by Warthog
    I saw on the Savage website a new Law Enforcement model 10 BAS & BAT in .308. These come with 10 round magazines. Will the magazines fit the 10FCP?
    Nope, they use a AI style mag. Would take a complete different set up to make it work, and No Savge will not sell the parts.

Warthog

Quote Originally Posted by 82boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Warthog
    Nope, they use a AI style mag. Would take a complete different set up to make it work, and No Savge will not sell the parts.
    Too bad. Thank you for the information.

Boba Debt

Quote Originally Posted by 82boy

... and No Savge will not sell the parts.

When I spoke to Savage they said that they would sell the parts off the BAT and BAS but that they were not available yet.

nhm16

You can also try the CDI precision bottom metal (http://www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com/) to take AI magazines, which seems to get very good reviews. I think it only requires minor adjusting of the standard Savage DBM/HFP inletting, but he will even inlet your stock for a small fee if you send it to him.

Basic Member

Warthog,

If you don't mind me asking, when did you order the magazine? I ordered mine at the very beginning of February and I still haven't received the magazine (nor my barrel vise blocks).

Warthog

Quote Originally Posted by axio
    Warthog,

If you don't mind me asking, when did you order the magazine? I ordered mine at the very beginning of February and I still haven't received the magazine (nor my barrel vise blocks).

I ordered my magazine in November/December and I didn't get it until Feb. He orders the material and does a batch at a time. It was a long wait.
    Warthog

Warthog

Quote Originally Posted by nhm16
    You can also try the CDI precision bottom metal (http://www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com/) to take AI magazines, which seems to get very good reviews. I think it only requires minor adjusting of the standard Savage DBM/HFP inletting, but he will even inlet your stock for a small fee if you send it to him.

Maybe I should have gone that way, but I got the magazines now and I don't have the money for the other at the moment. I was also concerned that if I had feeding problems it might be difficult to get it back to original condition. Thanks for the reply, it will probably help someone else.
    Warthog