I just joined the forum and have been reloading for about a year now. My wife like shooting her 38 SPL, but will not shoot my new 10FNCP-HS Precision due to the recoil. Money has been pouring into this new hobby so I realized getting my wife involved would make things go easier. To my surprise the Hodgdon/IMR/Win loading manual listed 14.0 gr of Trail Boss under a 150 gr Nos BT. Trail Boss is a really fluffy powder and 14 gr will fill the .308 case with no room for a double charge. They list this at 1417 fps, i clocked mine at 1081, 1088, 1079 and 1062 fps. I was going to try for accuracy, but I could not get the rifle back from my wife. First shot she holed a rubber gold ball at 100 yards!

I noticed Handloader magazine had an article using Trail Boss for 6mm, .260, 7mm, .308, .30-06, .300 WSM and .300 RUM. They were using 9.0 to 12.0 gr for .308 with better velocity spreads at 12 gr, about the same as mine (before I shot my crony).

I plan to try Titegroup powder as it is also listed in the IMR manual with 8 gr under a 168 gr SIE HPBT. I would be interested in any Low Recoil loads I could try. Trail Boss is good as you cannot get a double charge, but metering is only fair. Titegroup meters better, but you could get a double charge. I would be curious about a load for AA#2 which meters great.