Thread: Savage 10 precision 308 base/rings

kaza

Savage 10 precision 308 base/rings

Ok so I just got a Savage 10 308 precision carbine. Ill be putting a vortex viper PST 6-24X50 mm optic on it. My question is what rings and base should i go with. I've been looking at a badger 20moa base, but i'm pretty new to this so I have no idea if I need high, medium, or low rings. Any suggestions would be great, since I would rather not buy a set of rings to just find out I need a different height.

Basic Member
    If you haven't seen it I posted a similar post here http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...ecommendations

I went with the Burris Signature Zee rings and their XTB 2 piece base. They have some nice features that solve a few common issues such as scope to bore alignment, ring to ring alignment, marring of the scope tube/needing to lap, and the inserts also let you dial in up to 20 MOA extra elevation adjustment range if you have them facing opposite ways on the front and rear rings. As far as ring height, you'll have to do some math to figure it out. http://www.mil-rad.com/scope_ring_calculator is a decent online calculator that lets you punch in some values and see if you have interference or not.