Thread: Target Cam system users?

Target Cam system users?

Im planning on putting a target video camcoder system together using long distance wireless transmitter/reciever.
    Im aware of Bullseye Target system and a few others but pieceing one together is already in the works.
    If you,ve built one...and are a user.....I have a couple of questions.
    Sure,d like to swap ideas...............
    Life is tuff.....its even tuffer when your stupid
    {John Wayne}

Sure didnt see this one. Thanks for the info .
    Ive steadly been picking away at my cam recording system. I was going to go the Bullseye Target System but the transmitter/reciever distance specs arent quite what Im looking for.
    Ive put a system together now and am ready to send them out 1 mile and record not only at the firing line but at the point of impact.
    Im not going out to a mile anytime soon though. Im having too much addictive fun at 10/11/1200 yds. Challenging?.....yes!...doable?.....dam straight!......its great hitting a 6"X8" steel swinger at 1000 1st shoot. Course it doesnt happen all the time but when it does?.....Its like we just won the redneck lotto
    My shooting buds thought I was going over board untill I filmed them individually. I zoomed so close to there trigger finger while getting ready to fire that you can see there finger prints. HD cam is the way to go. They were able to see for themselves of the things there doing right and the things they need to work on. the camcoder doesnt lie.
    It makes for a fun sunday gathering at my house where I we can sit and watch last weeks shooting adventure in HD/surround sound. I can free still exact moments and let the shooter see there weekend winning hits or misses.
    WE practice on reading wind flags and more importantly....reading marage (SC)?
    The boys defently have a different fram of thounght towards my camera system now.
    Keeping one important thing in mind is that were not using a shooting range for these long distance,s. Were out in the desert mountains were there no shooting bench/shade etc.....
    Last edited by eddiesindian; 04-29-2014 at 11:22 PM.
    {John Wayne}

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiesindian View Post
    Sure didnt see this one. Thanks for the info .
    Ive steadly been picking away at my cam recording system. I was going to go the Bullseye Target System but the transmitter/reciever distance specs arent quite what Im looking for.
    Ive put a system together now and am ready to send them out 1 mile and record not only at the firing line but at the point of impact.
    I was wondering if you ever built a wifi cam?

I'm new to Savage shooters and discovered this thread a few months ago. It inspired me to build my own cam and I was hoping to compare notes with someone else who had made one.

Here is what I've got so far.

Using the Foscam App to view the targets.

This shot is taken at full zoom. Target was at 200yds from the shooters station.

I'm hoping to test it out to 300yds this weekend with my brand new Axis 6.5CM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like your there. I've taken mine out to 1k and have been able to record and see my bug holes at the firing line. Yours look to be more portable than mine.
    {John Wayne}

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiesindian View Post
    Looks like your there. I've taken mine out to 1k and have been able to record and see my bug holes at the firing line. Yours look to be more portable than mine.
    Exactly what brand/type of antennas are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by ToolAA View Post
    Exactly what brand/type of antennas are you using?

Sorry for the late response. I'll have to pull them out and ck.let you know this weekend.
    {John Wayne}

Basic Member
    Cool thanks. Im still curious.

not sure of the brand name of the trans and receiver. there good up to 1 mile clean line of site. ive only taken out to 1K and it worked fine. be as it may, I used out in a mountain valley and not at a shooting range. theres no metal buildings or berms to disrupt the signal
    the pic shows the set up in my garage just for posting. lap top has software that not only lets you see the target but it records it as well along with the hd 1080 camcorder.
    {John Wayne}