We're looking at increasing our inventory of pre-fits to enable a shorter lead time for your new barrel. What we're planning on doing also is carrying some contoured & threaded blanks in various calibers to shorten the lead time also. I realize after having done this for so many years that there is no "one size fits all". What we're planning on doing is pre-contouring blanks in various calibers and twist and lengths (26", 28" and 30" standard) and mainly in bull contours in different shank sizes. We realize that not everyone wants a bull contour, but with cnc equipment turning it from a bull contour to a varmint, magnum or sporter contour isn't that difficult. I also realize that 90% of the barrels that we sell are in what we refer to as a "Small Shank", so the majority will be in that configuration.

What I'm looking for is some input from everyone on the caliber & twist combinations that you'd like to see as well as cartridges.

I've also read on one of the posts concerning our marking of the barrels. Now that we're using a diamond based engraving bit instead of our computerized laser system, it does take a little longer. Here's what we're thinking. McGowen Precision Barrels - 260 Rem (8) (sample cartridge obviously). Would you prefer that Rem is spelled out? This will be all in one straight line. If you've seen our engraving before (with the manual engraver) it's not going to be that long, we'll obviously scale the font to keep it short.

Let me know, either through here or email me directly at info@mcgowenbarrel.com

Regards,
Dan