Thread: Scope ring height question?

Edgar260lrp

Scope ring height question?

I have a model 12 LRP in 260rem with a EGW HD 0 moa scope base, I am looking at buying a 10-50x60 Sightron sIII.. Does anyone have any experience on what height burris signature rings with the inserts I need, either the high or extra high? Thanks in advance, I tried to use the calculator but figured it would be easier to ask.

KRP
    Highs will clear.

COplains
    Quote Originally Posted by KRP View Post
    Highs will clear.
    Yep. Be carefull tho, rings from different mfg's have quite dissimilar sizes. Wish they would post the measurement from the base, where it sits on the rail or mount, to the bottom of the cradle. Ones high is anothers med...etc. I've been bit more times than I care to remember measuring clearance and ordering parts accordingly.

KRP
    Quote Originally Posted by COplains View Post
    Yep. Be carefull tho, rings from different mfg's have quite dissimilar sizes. Wish they would post the measurement from the base, where it sits on the rail or mount, to the bottom of the cradle. Ones high is anothers med...etc. I've been bit more times than I care to remember measuring clearance and ordering parts accordingly.
    The question was specifically about Burris signature rings, what do other rings have to do with it?

COplains
    Sharing some information that may or may not be useful....you have a problem with that?

bremereric
    Reach out and do the old fashion thing. Call Burris and ask them for measurements.