Thread: Family time....

Basic Member

Family time....

My son is in the Air Force and just graduated his tech school and he has been in for just over a year now. He got to come home for a couple of weeks before he heads to Luke AFB in Arizona this morning. I am sitting here with a cup of coffee and thinking about the time we had together while he was home this time. I love the changes that he has made over this last year. He has become a man.

I put him together a 6.5-47 Lapua for his graduation that I just barley got finished before he got home. The rifle started out as a Model 10 in 308 with no accutrigger and a blind mag. I kind of cheaped him by going with factory bottom metal DMB but it works great for now. It has a 26" CBI barrel, Boyds tacticool stock, Blackhawk 20 MOA base, Burris extreme 30mm rings. and a Rifle Basix trigger.

Funny thing about the rifle is that it will shoot Berger 130 into one ragged hole with one charge and the next be shooting a 2 inch group..... Man we had a blast working up the load together. And I love it when my son looks at me and says "Dad, stop worrying about getting more speed. Its shooting into the same hole!" He is so right.

Anyway he leaves this morning and I am going to miss the heck out of him. Cant explain how fast the time went buy. We even got to play golf twice this week. I made fun of him cause when he left he couldnt get the ball past the ladies tee.... Yesterday he was out driving me almost every drive. I swear that the Air Force let him play golf in bootcamp!
    MOAON AABE

Great story. You are very proud of your son and rightly so. God bless him for serving our country.
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~