Thread: prone stock opinion

prone stock opinion

I am trying to decide if a richards prone/culbertson would be a decent stock for my 6xc for f class. I was going to go with a 3" forend and have them leave extra wood on the bottow and i will have it milled flat instead of the round forend, and have that aluminum channel (forgot what there called) installed in the forend. So I could use a bipod or a rest and i wont have a stud hanging off the forend. I am goin to get more serious about it this season, before I went out for the fun of it just to see how it was, I must say its a darn good time any way you slice it. I think it will help me if my setup is aimed towards this type of shooting.

Has anyone used them , I sure hope so anyway. Likes ,dislikes. If anyone has pictures of rifles with this stock that would help me also. I know color doesnt make it shoot better but I might as well jazz it up some while im at it.

bionicbob
    I have one. I ordered it as a single shot so it came with no mag well inletted. and 3 in forearm. It is flat on the bottom of the forearm. mine has a Stevens 200 action a Shilen heavy 26 in stainless barrel chambered in 6mm BR with a 1 in 8 twist. I put in 2 pillars and bedded it with Devcon. I only have 50 rounds through it so far. I think it is great so far. It has a high comb and a fairly straight grip. I can have my grandson post some pictures tomorrow if you want?

ya a couple pics would be great. as for the shape of the forend they are rounded bottoms unless thats an option but it doesnt say it on the webpage. Maybe I missed it tho

bionicbob
    I thought mine would come with a rounded forearm but it came flat with rounded corners. the flat on the bottom is about 2 and 1/2 inches wide. I did not order it flat.

That would be great. I sure hope they stayed like that

bionicbob
    I will take and post some pictures tomorrow.

bionicbob
    Here are pictures of my stock

Thanks for posting the pics. That looks awesome. That is what I want for a stock. What color is that

bionicbob
    mine is Apache Gold Laminate. See how flat the bottom of the forearm is? That is the way it came.

Ya that is odd , in the description of the stock they say its a flat oval and they have a drawing of sorts showing it. Im glad its flat. I will be ordering one in the morn. How long did it take to get it

bionicbob
    Mine took about 6 weeks from the time i ordered it until it got here.

Well It turned out to be a great day. I went and checked the status of a barrel I have on order and the smith asks me if i know anyone looking for a stock for sa savage. Well I about passed out . It was almost exactly what I was looking for and a smokin deal to boot. Got a bell and carlson medalist for the blind mag short action for 200. It was ordered for another customer and they backed out after it was already in his shop. I am very happy that I decided to stop in there today

acemisser
    thats a great deal..I have two of the same thing.Great stocks,I think..