Thread: Savage 10 Predator Max 1

PureTexan

Savage 10 Predator Max 1

Hello everyone. This is my first post and I just wanted to say hello before I get started. So Hello.

I recently purchased a model 10 Predator Max 1 in 6.5 creedmoor. The rifle is showing great potential to become my long range weapon of choice. I have taken it out to 600+ yards many times and out to 1000 yards a couple of time. I am in the process of upgrading my scope to a Vortex Viper PST and now I am thinking about upgrading the stock. The factory accustock is good but I would like something with a beavertail forend and after do some research I found the Manners T3 at stockys.

So here are my questions. If I bought the T3 would my factory bottom metal and mag bolt right into the Manners or do they take a different type of DBM? My rifle is the 4.40" spacing model with the bottom trigger guard bolt release.

I am not dead set on the Manners T3, so if y'all have any other recommendation I would love to hear them. Here is a link to the stock I am talking about. Thanks.

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet...e-10-12/Detail

jasonR
    I have a Manners T1 stock. Great quality stock. I also have a Savage 10 predator max 1 (260 rem). I still have the original stock, though I painted it because I didn't like the cheap camo. I would call the guys at Manners. They have excellent customer service. You've now got me thinking I should replace my stock too. The stock works, but the rest of the rifle is better than the stock.

MEANS42
    I'd like to bump this thread. I have the same rifle and i'd like to put a new stock on it. Never used a Manners stock before but I can't find another manufacturer that has stocks for this rifle. Any other ideas? I was hoping to be able get by with B&C Medalist. Doesn't sound like an option.

Basic Member
    Both the manners and BC can be inletted for the factory dBm. I inletted a manners for a buddy a couple months ago.

HS Precision do a couple of stocks for savage that come standard on the special models. They have the bedding block too.