Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Action Purchase

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cat 64 View Post
    .Also I don't think the Stiller uses a barrel nut like the Shilen does...you'll need a smith to remove the barrel and head space it on every barrel change...This would not be an issue with the Shilen RBLP action...it might with the Stiller...
    So if the Predator uses a recoil lug I don't have the problem you mentioned above correct? I should be able to mate the barrel with the action ( and headspace it myself) like I did with the savage target action correct?
    All of them...Rem or Sav use a recoil lug...its just the means at how they are put on...pinned or not pinned, barrel nut or no barrel nut...

Greg over at SH made a very valid point...WHY? You can only shoot one at a time...WHY 2 very expensive platforms unless you just really want too(two)...the Savage 6BR on the TA you already have is LARGE shank (your 260AI Criterion barrel)...you might consider getting a really nice Pelican case and having a custom foam insert cut for your 6BR rifle, a spare barrel slot (or two) and a slot for an action wrench and a barrel wrench...add a couple of slots for appropriate head space Go/No Go gauges for each caliber, maybe even a slot for another fitted stock for the TA and have a true modular system utilizing the Savage Target Action as a base for everything...you can then sink the rest of the $$$ into high end components and reloading equipment, optics...$1000 buys a lot of Lapua brass, powder, primerz and boolits...actually much more than that...$1000 was the $$$ momma gave you to spend on the action...figure another $500-$1000+ on a stock, and upwards of $2K on higher end glass/rings/mount and $200 for a nice bipod if you go high end... so now we are talking about nearly $4K in components...
    Last edited by CAPTBEACH; 04-03-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Return the barrel for a small shank bull barrel.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat 64 View Post
    .Also I don't think the Stiller uses a barrel nut like the Shilen does...you'll need a smith to remove the barrel and head space it on every barrel change...This would not be an issue with the Shilen RBLP action...it might with the Stiller
    It is not a problem with the Stiller or any other Remington clone. We have what is known as the Rem-age. A cross between a Remington and a Savage. Call Jim at NSS and he can set you up. These barrels use a nutted system just like a Savage only on a Remington action.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12