Thread: How shinny?

Chilibadger

How shinny?

I am considering purchasing a Model 16 Weather Warrior. Can anyone tell me how shinny the stainless barrels are compared to the Remington stainless? I really like the mat/brushed finish of the Remys and the 16s don't look like that in photos I've seen. I'm hoping that's just a function of computer screen photos. What can you tell me?

Basic Member
    My weather warrior model 16 is matte finish--not shiny at all
    it is about 4 years old so I am not sure about the current finish being shiny
    Jack

The current Weather Warriors come with what I'd call a heavy bead blast finish.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

COplains
    I have a take off from a fairly new 12 BVSS and I would call it a matte finish. It certainly isn't a hunk of chrome hainging out there. Looks great to me, it matches up well with the aftermarket SS recoil lug and barrel nut from McGowen as well as the muzzel brake from Harrels Precision.

Here's a shot of a very recent WW
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

the Ranger
    the 116 FLHSS Weather Warrior I just bought looks like the picture above.

I am not liking that newer bead blasted finish at all. The previous finish was much nicer. Matte, but still a little bit of shine sneaking through. That one pictured above just looks like they took a sandblaster to it and left it.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

the Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsmcguire View Post
    That one pictured above just looks like they took a sandblaster to it and left it.
    I would say that's exactly what they do, mine had a ton on bead blast media trapped up under the barrel nut.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsmcguire View Post
    That one pictured above just looks like they took a sandblaster to it and left it.
    Precisely why I call it a heavy bead blast finish

defoxer
    My WW is a few years older, its stainless.... not bead blasted, not shiny polished, not really matt.... just stainless.

Chilibadger
    Thanks so much guys, really helpful! That heavy bead blast look in the picture is exactly what I was hoping it would be. Really happy about that.

Glad I could help make your decision easier. Enjoy and show pics when you get it.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.