Hello all,

This is my first attempt at LR (precision) shooting. I'm an Infantryman with the big 82nd and currently deployed. I'm well versed with the M249 and the M240, but it's time to refine my shot groups. I purchased a Savage model 10 fcp-k in 308 and a Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25x50 optic, but I'm having a difficult time finding good info on a specific base and rings. The tube is 1", and the true od of the objective bell is 60mm. I also want to use Butler Creek lens caps.

I don't plan on any further mods until I can grow into the weapon. That being said, I'm not afraid to pay for quality. I originally wanted to do a Seekins 20MOA base and rings, but it looks like the .76" rings may be too short. After contacting Seekins, this was their response:

"Thanks or contacting us. We only make one set of rings that are for a 1" tube. Please check with Savage to see if your action is a Round Back Accutrigger with the same hole spacing as a Savage 10FP regarding our Savage 10FP 20 MOA Base".

I read the PDF manual for my weapon, and I'm not sure if this is true or not.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I've been following for a while, but this is my first post.

~Patrick