Thread: Hog Hunter to Accustock parts question

bama1

Hog Hunter to Accustock parts question

I want to put a 308 Hog Hunter in a max-1 Accustock that I have.
    The problem is this stock has no bottom metal. Where would you suggest getting factory dbm and accurail recoil lug from? I looked on NSS website but didn't see it listed. First time tinkering like this.

bama1

I put my serial number from my max-1 Predator Hunter in Savages website to get parts but they are out of my price range.
    Some parts wouldn't let me see how "cheap" they were. I've never owned a blind magazine rifle and this gun hasn't come in yet. Do I need only bottom plate for mag only? Not a gunsmith, rocket scientist or card carrying Mensa member. Any help?

bama1

Ok....what about this from ptg. I don't want to super glue a part for cdi for bolt release. Model choices are 10, 10 law enforcement, 11/11 fcns, or 110. I thought these were same. Am I wrong? If I am, would I use the 11 for hog hunter or 10 for Accustock? Any help, purdy please?

bama1

Got it together. Hurry up form 4. Ptg bottom metal is what I ended up going with. Thank you to colt56 for helping me out.

Basic Member
    I like it!

I see you have the top bolt release. Did you have to inlet the accustock at all to accomodate it? How easy was it to install the PTG bottom metal?

bama1
    Yes, I had to grind out a place for the bolt release on the top of stock and take some off the inside of the stock for it to fit. I did that with a dremel tool.
    I ordered the top bolt release model from ptg and had to take out material from bottom of stock for it it fit. I used die grinder from work for this.

bama1
    I could have just bought a different stock and wouldn't have had to go through all this, but where's the fun in that!
    Full disclosure, I did mess up and take too much off the bottom edge on one side. However, I can still sleep at night.

bama1
    I changed rail and put a DNZ game reaper on it along with a Vortex 2.5-10x32 ffp scope. And yes, I finally got approved!