Thread: Wideners alert, lots of people's personal accounts hacked after ordering early Mar.

Basic Member

Wideners alert, lots of people's personal accounts hacked after ordering early Mar.

I ordered 3/5, bank called me today. Cards suspended. Lots of folks on AR15.com, general have been hit. Any of you all??

Basic Member
    I did, but the bank has not been able to determine the source of the fraud. This fits the timing!

Was AR 15 breached or a vendor link??
    [B][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Shooting--it's like high-speed golf[/COLOR][/B]

Basic Member
    Someone posted they got hacked in the general discussion thread. It has since made it to the reloading thread. I saw the thread yesterday morning early before heading out. Stopped to get gas and wa-la. card no work. Message on the display says transaction denied, collect card. Next stop was the bank and sure enough. Several $889 charges attempted. Bank caught it and shut the card down immediately. I called Wideners on the way to the bank and lady said she had gotten lots of calls concerning this and they were looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetpig View Post
    Someone posted they got hacked in the general discussion thread. It has since made it to the reloading thread. I saw the thread yesterday morning early before heading out. Stopped to get gas and wa-la. card no work. Message on the display says transaction denied, collect card. Next stop was the bank and sure enough. Several $889 charges attempted. Bank caught it and shut the card down immediately. I called Wideners on the way to the bank and lady said she had gotten lots of calls concerning this and they were looking into it.
    I'm a member on AR15--I'm trying to figure out if ALL members are at risk of getting hacked?

Quote Originally Posted by thermaler View Post
    I'm a member on AR15--I'm trying to figure out if ALL members are at risk of getting hacked?
    Did you not notice the thread title: "Widener's alert"?
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Hotolds442 View Post
    Did you not notice the thread title: "Widener's alert"?
    You don't say? Did you notice the post also said "Lots of folks on AR15.com, general have been hit." ?

Quote Originally Posted by thermaler View Post
    You don't say? Did you notice the post also said "Lots of folks on AR15.com, general have been hit." ?
    Read it however you want.

The many "in-stock" threads on Arfcom are why it's generally people on arfcom.
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Hotolds442 View Post
    Read it however you want.

The many "in-stock" threads on Arfcom are why it's generally people on arfcom.
    I do like your signature. : )

Basic Member
    wideners website was compromised by a hacker and credit cards stolen. they finally posted an admission on their website.

i notified them back on march 13th. guess they should have taken me more seriously.

i suspect more than their credit cards were stolen, as i detected it by getting spam to the unique email address i use only for wideners. so i suspect their email database got stolen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bani View Post
    wideners website was compromised by a hacker and credit cards stolen. they finally posted an admission on their website.

i notified them back on march 13th. guess they should have taken me more seriously.

i suspect more than their credit cards were stolen, as i detected it by getting spam to the unique email address i use only for wideners. so i suspect their email database got stolen as well.
    They are a pretty specialized e-merchant in the bigger scheme of things in the Internet world--I wonder how vulnerable other firearms-related sites are; many of them appear to be rather low-tech jobs.

Rogers Sporting Goods has also been hacked, they've known about it since November or December and have not publicly acknowledged it, nor have they solved the problem.
    http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/s...d.php?t=968381