Thread: Custom Shop .270 Long Barrel

lostart

Custom Shop .270 Long Barrel

Hey all,

New to this forum and excited to be a part of such an avid shooting community.

Three weeks ago, I placed an order for a Model 114 American Classic in .270. I chose to go with a 26" barrel in a heavy sporter contour. This will be my muley gun with the occasional whitey and goat thrown in. Customer service said it would take four to six weeks to receive the order, so if my math is correct, it should be here in less than three weeks. I'm so excited, I can hardly contain myself. I saved for over a year to be able to place the order.

Are there delivery estimates usually correct?

I hope it shoots as well as I expect it to. If it shoots as well as my 99 in 243, I will be very satisfied.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Uncle Jack

Re: Custom Shop .270 Long Barrel

The two times I've ordered from them the rifle arrived within a week of estimate.

uj

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a pretty nice rig, and should look great with the heavier contour.

Be sure to post some pics when you get it.

mike
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

savage rookie

Sounds Like a great gun,the ol' .270 win is one of my favorite deer cartridges of all time.

What bullets you plan on shooting? If you like LR try the 140 Berger HVLDs, other wise try the barnes....

lostart

Within a week isn't bad at all. I though that it was a very ambitious time frame. Glad to hear they can stick to it.

I do not reload as of now, so I have been picking up various boxes of factory ammo. So far I have only bought 130gr. I have always liked the light mag hornadays, so I grabbed some of them and two different types of federals. Anyone ever try the Fusion loads? I think they make a 140gr.

savage rookie

Light mag Hornady's are the cat's meow. best factory offering for the .270 Win IMHO.

lostart

They are the best I have found for my .243. Very good ammo and consistant. I don't think that they are making them anymore though. I think they changed over to the superperformance line. From what ive read they are just a touch slower (no big deal) and using a faster burning powder (not so good for this .270).

I will post pics when it gets here. I will be showing it off any chance I get. It's not even here yet and it's my baby.

lostart

Got a call from the fun (gun) shop this morning and he said savage is building my rifle today and it will be in the mail tomorrow or monday. ;D So I stopped by there on my way home from work and he said there was another order similar to mine that came in about a week ago. (.25-06) The guy brought in a target of groups at three hundred yards. They were under an inch.