Thread: Thought It Was Spring

Thought It Was Spring

It is supposed to be spring, you know flowers blooming, trees getting buds, temperature rising, all those good things.
    Well I got up this morning to pouring rain that quickly changed to sleet then almost as fast to SNOW, possibly up to 2"(not much by any standard). Temperature also went from 36 to 30 just as fast.
    I thought I would be winding down with the wood stove and oil man, sure doesn't look it when looking out the window.

Boy I can't wait for the day when I can join Frank in the sunshine state. I should have done the Fort Lauderdale FD when I had the chance(1973) but at 21 I was young and dumb. Kick myself in the butt if I could.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Yep...
    It sure is spring. March 31, 2014....
    Just like the calendar says.
    Spring.

Edit:
    I turn 59 today.
    I never thought I'd make it this far but I did.
    My last year to be in my "50's"...
    I'm not happy about it but I have no choice.
    I do have a choice on how I can spend the day and I think spending it at the range would be best.
    Spending the day with guns, men with guns, men talking about guns, men shooting guns and enjoying the fragrant aroma of burned powder.
    If only I could remember where I put my keys....
    Last edited by fgw_in_fla; 03-31-2014 at 10:31 AM.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

bremereric
    Same here. I got my lawn fertilized last night. Lots of pollen on cars from all the trees that are blooming. Southeast Texas.

Basic Member
    Well its not the quanity that counts Frank, its the quality.
    Tell me why i still have to go back to jersey or delaware or even pa to get good tasting produce?
    Especially tomatoes. Here the box they came in usually taste better.

Frank I was 59 once &60 &61 not all that it is cracked up to be. Now at 62 the only positive thing is I am waiting for my first SS check. It will be reduced 52% because I was a Firefighter working for a municipality (private pension) does not matter that I also worked full time for an oil company(oil burner tec) and paid into SS at the full rate for 20 years.
    Yobuck is right the produce in Fla. taste like the carton it is shipped in but still better than Mexico's or South America's.
    I'll be in your state in May for 5 days(wedding) not enough time to look for a future place to live just enough time to mess up all the work needed up here to maybe get ready for summer.

Anyhoo HAPPY BIRTHDAY Hope you see many more.
    P.S. the only good thing about older age I get to shoot just about any time I want. Now if only I could find some reloading components,mostly bullets.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    You guys saying the store bought tomatoes are lousy, there's a reason for it. The commercial growers pick them when they're still green & hard like a baseball. They never really ripen on the plant where the sugars can develop - which makes flavor.
    Once you taste a tomato that's ripened / reddened on the plant you'll want to go to the grocery store & smack the produce manager.

Next time you're down this way, get in touch. I'll let you taste a plant ripened tomato and you can tell me the difference. I let them get red on the plant so they're full of flavor & juice.
    Of course, I have to battle the Blue Jays for them once they redden up. I've learned to save plastic shopping bags & cover them when they get red. I have to disguise them as a plastic bag. They won't peck holes in what they don't see...
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!