Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyds Axis stock

Hi-wall

Boyds Axis stock

They are getting faster to deliver. I ordered a classic hunter Monday a week ago and it will be here friday. Now, to order a Tacticool

sales@boydsgunstocks
    Hi-wall - first I would like to thank you for the positive post and thank you for your recent purchase as well!! Just an update for everyone - lead time will now be our normal/standard for all Axis stocks! If it is In-Stock it will ship in 1-2 business days, Out-of-Stock will ship in 1-2 weeks from date of order. No more 4+ week lead times!!

Best Regards ~ Jen

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Yesterday when I called about status of my order I was told "about 4 weeks" for the 2 Axis stocks I ordered. The day I ordered the stocks (Feb. 27) a guy on the phone tells me "within 2 weeks"...

I guess maybe I'll add 'em all up, take an average, shake the chicken bones, see if the wooley caterpillars are nesting early & hope I see my stocks before I'm too old to use them.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

sales@boydsgunstocks
    I would be happy to look into the status of your order - could you please PM with a name and order number. I apologize for the confusing information you seem to be receiving!

~ Jen

Jen - what's the lead time on custom orders? (I.e. Claro XX Walnut with checkering and Rosewood grip cap and forend tip.) I didn't see mention of lead time for the customs on the custom option page.

Also, have you stopped offering left-hand stocks for short-action staggered-feed rifles with a blind magazine (4.275" screw spacing) or did they simply get overlooked in the menu updates? I looked through all the model options (10/11/12/16 Top Bolt Release) but every action option is for either blind centerfeed or detachable box magazine.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sales@boydsgunstocks View Post
    I would be happy to look into the status of your order - could you please PM with a name and order number. I apologize for the confusing information you seem to be receiving!

~ Jen
    No sweat.
    I'm sure I'll be happy with them. It's just the anticipation is KILLING me.

sales@boydsgunstocks
    Typical lead time on any custom order is 7 - 14 business days. As far as the left hand stock for a 10/12/14/16 - we only offer a left hand stock/right hand action model for a blind mag - staggered feed at this time. No true left hand models :-(

Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    Jen - what's the lead time on custom orders? (I.e. Claro XX Walnut with checkering and Rosewood grip cap and forend tip.) I didn't see mention of lead time for the customs on the custom option page.

Also, have you stopped offering left-hand stocks for short-action staggered-feed rifles with a blind magazine (4.275" screw spacing) or did they simply get overlooked in the menu updates? I looked through all the model options (10/11/12/16 Top Bolt Release) but every action option is for either blind centerfeed or detachable box magazine.

Basic Member
    By the way, sent ya a PM, Jen.
    Thanks for looking up my order...

Basic Member
    Just got my notice. They're on the way. The anticipation is killing me.
    Jen - check your PM's.

rsh4364
    Quote Originally Posted by fgw_in_fla View Post
    Yesterday when I called about status of my order I was told "about 4 weeks" for the 2 Axis stocks I ordered. The day I ordered the stocks (Feb. 27) a guy on the phone tells me "within 2 weeks"...

I guess maybe I'll add 'em all up, take an average, shake the chicken bones, see if the wooley caterpillars are nesting early & hope I see my stocks before I'm too old to use them.
    HAHA,with age comes patience grasshopper.

Basic Member
    Patience?
    Isn't that what they call people in a doctor's office?

And at my age patience is all I have left.
    I think.

Don't forget, my birthday's at the end of this month. I like expensive gifts.
    Make it an extra special gift, too. This is the last year I'll be in my 50's...

Hi-wall
    Patience?

I think.

At my age I don't have time for patience. It is my last year in the 50's also. On a lighter note I received my stock today. Off to the range tomorrow

rsh4364
    Patience?

I think.

My last year in my 40s ends beginning of next month..but remember 60 is the new 50 Frank,If I hurry I can run out bottle up some snow to send,maybe remind you of your Northern youth...

Basic Member
    We'll expect a full report.
    I won't see mine until mid week, next week.

Weather & snow storms notwithstanding, of course.

Team Savage
    Frank having a party for you bring you own ammo
    seen 6 wild cattle last week, no brands, BIG BBQ

drybean

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rsh4364 View Post
    My last year in my 40s ends beginning of next month..but remember 60 is the new 50 Frank,If I hurry I can run out bottle up some snow to send,maybe remind you of your Northern youth...
    You're all heart. Just what I've always wanted. Snow...
    It'll help remind me why I left NY so many years ago & never looked back.
    And as for that 60 is the new 50 stuff, I'm not buying it. 60 sucks. I wake up every morning wondering what's going to hurt next.
    Just might be from all of that good clean living I did back in the late 60's and 70's....

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drybean View Post
    Frank having a party for you bring you own ammo
    seen 6 wild cattle last week, no brands, BIG BBQ

drybean
    Man, wouldn't I love to take you up on the offer, Jim. That could be the BBQ of the century.
    If I do come out, you think we can take a run over to my birthplace?
    Norton AFB in San Bernadino. How far is that from your spread?

lopeha
    Was looking at the Boyd's website last night planning on ordering a stock for my LH .223, lo & behold they added two new designs - a "Heritage' & a "Platinum". Anyone have an idea what the "Heritage" is as they didn't provide any description. Also, does anyone know the difference between the standard pattern & the 90 degree? They show it in hte wood type section but offer no description.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the info.
    Just what I need to do. Spend more money on gun stuff. My 'ol lady's threatening to suffocate me with a pillow in my sleep now. Especially after she found out I just bought 2 more spam cans of 5.45x39 mil-surp ammo. I tried to explain that tensions in Russia & Ukraine were driving prices up.
    She mention something about driving the car up someplace. I didn't catch all of it....

Team Savage
    Man, wouldn't I love to take you up on the offer, Jim. That could be the BBQ of the century.
    If I do come out, you think we can take a run over to my birthplace?
    Norton AFB in San Bernadino. How far is that from your spread?
    No problem ,Its just a few hrs. drive
    drybean

lopeha
    Boyd's has posted the info on the Heritage & Platinum stocks. Basically they changed the fore ends a bit to allow for some custom laser work

Basic Member
    I forgot to ask Boyd's or some of y'all here about what kind of recoil pad can I expect on these new Axis stocks I'll be receiving tomorrow.
    Will I need to duct tape a bath towel to my shoulder or are they tolerable? On a scale of 1 to 10 - 10 being soft like a puffy cloud and 1 (one) being like hardened steel with spikes pointed out of it, what are they like?

edit - I just looked at their website and noticed a "Boyd's 1/2" rubber recoil pad" included. Just wondering if it's rubber- as in soft or rubber- as in rock hard typically used to make golf balls....

Basic Member
    Frank,
    In my limited experience of 2... golf ball.

Basic Member
    Guess I'll get the duct tape and an old towel out....

lopeha
    Ordered a Prairie Hunter Sunday evening, it was shipped yesterday & is scheduled to arrive Friday. I know what my plans for Friday are now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast