Thread: MDT LSS Chassis system pics please.

Jason161

MDT LSS Chassis system pics please.

So I finished my build of my savage sa in a Boyds tacticool, and while I like the stock my accurate mag bottom metal sits too low in the inlet at the bolt won't grab a round from the mag unless I push up on the mag, and after each fire it knocks it back down a bit so I have to push again. I'm left to deepen the inlet for the bottom metal, and in lieu of this I am thinking about just getting the MDT LSS chassis. I don't have a dremel and would have to buy one or pay to have it milled, and I really like that chassis I think, but I have some concerns.
    One being the bipod being mounted too close, it looks like there isn't much length from the magwel to the stud which mounts the bipod.
    Two, being a bit short in length, will a 24" barrel look funny on it, as I have a match .260 McGowan on the way. Right bow I have a 20" .308 which I know would look fine.

So if anyone has pictures of a longer barrel in this system please post! I can't spend more on their tac21. This is the only chassis I can afford.. For now I'd use my mapul PRS stock but would love to get the xlr stock on it one day. Anyways thanks!

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...t-would-you-do

http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...nd-308-MDT-LSS

XLR just released a new 'minimalist' chassis today that will be available for SA Savage in Q3'14...it has a longer forearm than the MDT LSS and is priced similarly.

Jason161
    Well I searched and found those already and that's what this thread is about. Seems the 20" would be perfect but the 24 might be too long, but I can't tell if the bipod would be too close, so hoping to get opinions and see someone with a 24". I'll checkout the xlr but I don't think I want to wait until q3.

Basic Member
    I sold the LSS pictured in the URL BoilerUP posted. I am going to purchase another one this week to go on an 18" 10P I just aquired. Anything longer than 20" is too unbalanced. It's designed to be light and handy. With the long barrel the bipod is too far back and it just feels strange. That pic was taken with a 26" barrel which was all I had at the time. The rifle ended up with a 20" Hog Hunter barrel on it which was superb. The LSS/Hog Hunter combo is tough to beat for a light, handy all around rifle. I think mine ended up being a total of 9lbs with a CTR stock, DNZ mount and 4-16 optic. Great hunting rig.

I love my XLR for my big rig but it's just too heavy to carry any distance. I did shoot a deer with it but it was on a tripod in a blind. Head shot at 290 yards! I would love to try the new XLR Element but the Savage inlets won't be out till the end of the year. I'll get one when they come out for sure but for now I'm going to get another LSS. They really are sweet.