So, I'm at the range this A.M., just became a member last week, and I'm shooting my 110 LA .223 at 200 yards. Had JUST gotten set up, fired the first shot and adjusting the focus/parallax. Movement caught my eye in the lower portion of the scope...YOU GOTS to be kiddin' me! A squirrel is bopping around on the ground just a little shy of the target stand. I switch my focus and sure enough, Mr. Squirrel is having a great time. In my warped mind he's almost saying "C'mon Bri-an! Let's see what ya got! You ain't got nuttin'!!"

Something came over me and the next thing you know he's in the crosshairs. This is my second shot ever with this gun at 200 yards. I know I'm shooting a little low so I put the crosshairs just above his head and squeeze...

BLAM! The squirrel is still dancing but to a different tune! Two spasmodic "hops" and (never saw this before on a squirrel) but his bushy tail is flagging. Then...all is still. The guy next to me is cracking up "You nailed his A$$!" he says.

We walk up, and the bullet went in his left front face / head and tore through his body, almost severing his right rear leg on exit.

1st blood for me with this gun.

190 yards (almost exactly) 55 Gn. Hornady SP in front of 26.2 Gns. of Winchester 748, Remington BR primer.

All of the many squirrels I've eliminated were done with a .22LR- a few with a .17HMR. Happy with the accuracy of my gun, BUT- if you like to eat squirrel, you shouldn't use a .223 Rem.- leaves a mess.

Brian